Chapter 4, Pursuit

"OOOOOANNNNG" The Deathworm roared.

Of all things I could have encountered first in this damn desert why is it that thing!

The deathworm dives back into the sand, swallowing the sand and exiting through the space of its white bone like scales.

I activate Light Step and run full speed away from it.

The sand beneath me starts sinking as its teeth reared itself from beneath the sands. I activate [Brave] and jump as far as I could.

By hair's breadth I manage to avoid getting swallowed whole and almost stumbling down with just my right horn slightly scratched by its teeth.

By now I'm basically used to this pain with or without [Pain Resistance]. I continue run away as fast as I can with its shadow slowly getting larger and larger around me.

I look back and sees it falling from the sky like a limping... genital.

I avoid the falling behemoth by rushing to the left and pull out my greatshield to shield myself from the great wave of sand that follow suit from the impact.

Shit, how do I lose this guy?

Sand were in my eyes, fatigue were in my legs, and the system isn't responding.

And here I thought Neo was lying about the system not being universal.

Rather than panicking like I usually do, after fighting with the apes a bunch of times taught me that maybe... it's best to assess the damn situation instead of yelping everywhere like a retard.

I look around and saw nothing but sand all the way to the horizon with the crazy mountain and deathworm behind me.

"OOOOOOOOOAAAAANNNG" The deathworm roared, barely reaching the minimum requirement to burst my eardrums.

I desperately look left and right again and again until I see some sort of wreckage of bronze metal in the distance.

I don't know what that place is but it beats running aimlessly. I increase the output on Light Step rush towards the wreckage. On the way there I notice a disntict smell that was all too familiar.

Scorched bodies... Yeah I can use this.

I increase the output of Light Step again into five mana every two seconds. At this speed I can outrun anything back in the labyrinth.

My speed should be around three hundred and fifty, which should be more than enough to outrun whatever speed stat the deathworm has, leaving him in the dust.

I move around the wreckage, trying as best as I possibly can to track the scent only for it to grow stronger and stronger as I close in onto...

Hold up, is that a blimp?

It wasn't any ordinary blimp, because this thing might as well be a wrecked skyscraper from its size alone. It's entire body consists of what seems or looks a lot like bronze or copper.

There are lots of holes that scattered all around its body as if it was shot by giant bullets. There's also a symbol, barely intact, of an upside down hammer with gears surrounding it.

Whatever took this thing down was definitely not the deathworm behind me, heck it's small in comparison.

I return back from awe-ing when I catch the strong smell of the scorched bodies. The closer I get the more mechanical the wreckage get, and the hotter it did too.

Some of the wreckage are still on fire as I close in on the smell, which means whatever took the blimp down is still near here.

Best case scenario I can get whatever killed it the deathworm and run off Scott free.