Gem Of The Desert

The night was quiet, the apes were all sleeping peacefully despite their gorish transformation under the fake night sky, reflected by the Labyrinth's ceiling.

The peacocks however are a different story entirely. They stalk the forest, searching for any signs left of me. Their sharp, ominous, glowing red eyes watching diligently for even the slightest hint of movement.

I really wish that they'd just give up...

Three peacocks, one being paler in color than the others, led the other 2 wherever it goes.

A flash of blinding light sparks between it and the other two. Light Arrows rained down from above and pierced the 2 peacocks in the back. The pale one recovered quickly from the flash and surveyed its surrounding.

It found both of its followers turned into a pin cushion by the barrage of light arrows that came from above. It looks up at the trees, with its eyes boiling in anger.

It flaps open its feathered tail and swipes the air, sending a torrent blade like feathers at the tree. Its branches and leaves cut clean but revealed not a single hint of scream or shriek of pain.

Clinking sound of metal echoes around it and it readies its feathers once more, readying for battle.

A thin black serpent lunges at it from the foliage. It swipes its feathers at it and a spark of flame ignites as both of them made contact. With its eyes now dead focus, it realized that the black thing wasn't a serpent. Rather, it was chips of black metal tied together by a thin yet sturdy chain.

As it retreats back into the foliage the peacock follows. Now it was its turn to lunge at it. It dances the feathers in the air and slice everything around and within the foliage into splinters of wood.

To its dismay, it found nothing. Neither are there even a single trace of footsteps nor are there any tinge of its scent left.

Before it manages to recover from its illusion the chain of blades came from above and wraps itself on its neck.

Rather than strangling the peacock, the blades digs deep into its skin and shredding its flesh. It struggles and climbs up the tree with its talons to swipe the assailant.

Only to be met with a flurry of light arrows from below as they pierce its body.

I hop down from the tree with my chain blades in my right hand, that makes it 5 tonight.

Ever since that day when I nearly got myself killed fighting an onslaught of monsters here, I begin to have a taste of disdain for them. I hunted the peacocks first since they're the most troublesome to fight out of the 4 monsters that I can find here in this floor.

Day and night I ambush the lot of them. I'm also starting to realize that charging head forth really isn't a good style of battle for me.

Since my defense stat is pretty low after all...

Ambushing and sneak attacks seems to be my strong point. Although I'm fast I'm not so proficient with it that I could dodge attacks left and right. I'm fast but it doesn't mean I slow down time and react faster.

*Kshyk*

Immediately after hearing the rustling I casted light arrows at where it came from and hit the invisible monster. It's invisibility fades away and it reveals its scaled body.

It was a Moonlight Lizard, it has dark green scales and red eyes like the other monsters here. I don't know where they came from but they're not as annoying as the peacocks.

Every night I swear there's always more of them in this floor and same goes for the peacocks and apes. It feels like I'm inside CoD zombies where there's more enemies every round of the night.