Chapter 7, To The Mountain

*Smack*

My eyes shot open and I desperately grasp for air. I look around my body and found both my arms, chest, and legs all healed, apart from the stinging pain coming from my left cheek.

A-ah! I'm... I'm alive!

"Yes you are and you're finally awake"

I look to my left and see him standing, overlooking the shattered mountain of the desert. His usual white attire adorned with golden lining looked almost blinding under the sun.

The area around me was the same place where I blacked out.

What? No hot chocolate and flowers?

"Not this time," He said, chuckling a little. He turns and comes over.

So why did you choose the desert for the dream meeting?

"I didn't have anything good in mind, clouds, and plains feel like plagiarizing a certain witch nowadays. Besides, that mountain looks magnificent already, doesn't it?"

Right, So what is this all about?

"Hm?"

Every time we have this dream meeting you'll usually inform or warn me about something, or you want to make a sort of deal with me like last time.

"Well, a servant of mine asked me for a favor. I can complete the favor lickedy split with a snap or just the thought of it, but I have another idea"

Which involves me I'm guessing?

"Exactly, did brain damage improve your intelligence somehow?"

Ha ha very funny, so what's this favor you want done anyways? I won't be killing an eldritch god or something right?

"No, it's much simpler than that. I want you to retrieve a machine that's stuck in that mountain over there"

A machine? Is it that artifact Gurban mentioned?

"They call it an artifact, my servant calls it a machine. Either way, do you accept?"

Can I refuse?

"Sure you can, if you're not up for it that is~"

So he wants me to retrieve the artifact Gurban and The Dwarves want. I don't really have any reason to refuse his offer, even though he left me to fall when I asked for help.

Honestly, I still have too little information to go on in order to accept this quest of his, not to mention the danger that might involve me.

For all I know that powerful artifact might as well be some sort of world ending weapon.

So what do I get out of this request of yours?

He looks at me surprised with his blue eyes widening. He looks around and walks away for a few second as if he's contemplating something.

Did... did you asked me to retrieve it without getting something in return?

He turns his head looks me in the eye.

"Well yes, knowing you've achieved the title of [Super Retard] I had expected for you to obey everything I say like an obedient dog, but it seems I misjudged"

So do you have one or not?

I'm starting to have enough of hearing that joke over and over again.

"Hm well... how's this, in exchange for the artifact, I'll give you I'll give you a hint on the location of one of the heroes"

Heroes- wait you mean those bastards!?