Log 21, The Plague

Just before I walk away from the window to go inside, the guard stops me.

"My apologies, but before you enter our city you are required to wear this mask" He said as he lends me the smiling mask covered in black fabric he's wearing.

With the only difference being an "H" on the side of the mask.

"Wear that mask every time you go out on the streets. You may only take them off inside buildings and the like"

"Oh ok thanks"

I wear the mask and despite its looks, it feels quite comfortable actually, not as stuffy as I thought it would be.

"Wait... I can still clearly! It's as if I never wore the mask in the first place. Wait... does that must mean all of their masks are magic items!?"

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Mr.Jugo also wore this when he came here.

"Never mind that, I'm getting off track! I need to deliver this book to the Servant Of Order as fast as possible!"

"I hope our city pleases you well dear visitor" The guard said as he waves goodbye.

I enter the city and the first thing I see is an empty cobble street with lanterns stationed on top of poles. The buildings brim with faint warm candlelight, the atmosphere was quiet, a bit too quiet.

"Although the 6th sun has just set not moments ago, everyone's already inside" I muttered.

I wonder if something like this is the norm here.

I readjust Kana on my side and head straight for the White Spire that's in the middle of the city. Although carrying Kana is heavy enough, carrying the rig sack filled with that skeleton's stuff is much, much heavier.

I didn't know books could be this heavy.

But somehow I've become less and less tired as time goes on. It's as if I never have the need to feel tired of doing anything in the first place.

Even so... Kana with the Rug sack combine are heavy as hell...

🎩

"Hmm, I suppose all of these be enough to get us by for around... 1 in a half week or so" I said as I put the last Anti-Light Potion down inside one of the crates.

With this, we should be able to cross the plains for a long while without having to retreat back south to the forest too early in case we run out.

Assuming that we are still near it that is.

I order Williams to pack the alchemical tools and set off immediately. I climb back inside the carriage after a long night of brewing potions and look at the map once more.

"Assuming we are in this edge of the Elven Forest, just to the left of Sylfia, all we need is to go around Sylfia and continue west to Falna" I point out to Roberto and Vilna which were snuggling beside me.

"However, it may be faster... And would be greater if we aid the Monsters in their siege of the city and go through it. It would also help us gain more alchemical supplies that weren't present in Galan's Apothecaries" I add as I tick my finger on Sylfia on the map.

It is... A risky and not a very wise choice... But! This may be the only chance I have to test whether my theory on the Cluster Of Souls is correct or not.

If I were to be correct, then the Abomination I implanted on the undead should run amok, growing nightmarishly grotesque limbs from its body. The only way to defeat the abomination would be to scorch it in flames.