Log 23, The City

I feel the very hope I've been gripping tightly on is slowly slipping away when I heard him said those words.

"However, I can offer you an alternative that may bring your sister back. But it will undoubtedly be arduous" He said as he told one of his guards to bring him a map.

My complexion showed a somewhat relieved expression hearing what he said.

The guards unfold the map of Serallia Infront of me and points to 2 places.

"The guard on my left points to where the Servant Of Death currently resides, but I presume he has moved on already to his next victim. Finding him would be equal to searching a grain of sand in a mountain of gravel," He sighed.

Victim? I'm guessing the servant of truly is a cold-blooded killer just as the priests said back in Galan.

"The guard on my right points you to the creator of Pale Faced plague, The Skeletal Alchemist Solace Van Heimes. I've read through his book before giving it away, and he seems to know of a way to resurrect someone back from the dead, albeit not perfect intact,"

He knows where the bastard is!?

"Um, how do you know the bas- I mean, the skeleton's location sir?" I asked.

"I have an old friend of mine did it for me, fortunately he's somewhat of an overseer of the world himself,"

"But beware, he only told me about his location, anything else than that I do not know"

🕯️

After being briefed on what my options are and what I should do first, they gave me a set of exploration tools to help me on my journey.

Well, I guess its an adventure since I'm an Adventurer.

I received a Silver Broadsword, a Small Buckler shield, a map, and a silver water canteen. It seems that silver is overly abundant here in the city since almost everything going from ordinary tools to weapons are made of silver.

"But man that's a surprise. To think even The Servant Of Order could only reanimate the dead much like a normal necromancer, kinda a let down," I sighed.

Well I guess it's not a complete let down, at least I got to know where that bastard is. Sylfia, whatever he's doing there cannot be good.

Speaking of which, the city looks really peaceful and nice during the day. I wonder what Mr.Jugo meant when he said this city was bad. The only odd thing this city has is the rule of needing to where a smiling white mask everywhere you go.

And the Servant Of Order doesn't seem all that bad compared to what the priests and Mr.Jugo said. He seems like a good guy, nothing evil about him.

"Before heading out I should probably eat something,"

Although I haven't been feeling hungry nor thirsty for the past few days, I kinda miss the tastes.

Besides, that skeleton left a mountain load of money back at the labyrinth, I have at least 3 weeks worth of food and shelter at a local inn.

While walking I began to notice that everyone's walking the opposite way of where I'm going and everyone's all unusually quiet now.

I walk up to one of them ask what and where they are going and it seems everyone's going to an execution site. He says that when the executions are performed everyone and he means everyone in the city stops what they are currently doing just to watch the execution.