✨ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖✨

• You Were Never Even a Player •

"Good morning." Rex said as Athena arrived for her next day of training. She yawned before she noticed Rex wasn't alone. "What's he doing here?" She hissed as she narrowed her sharp grey eyes at the man who she ran into the previous night who seemed to have a serious problem with her. "Who? Fives?" Rex asked and Fives could only smirk as he crossed his arms and looked over at Athena. "He asked to help me train you since you showed unique skill yesterday. And it's not often Fives offers to help with something he doesn't have to." "You must be joking." Athena said. "Sorry princess, I'm afraid he isn't." Fives said and Athena rolled her eyes at him and his snarky attitude. "What's the matter? Afraid I'll kick your ass?" Fives asked and Athena only laughed. "This is too much." She said with a wheeze. "Right," Rex said, looking at the two with stern yet confused eyes. "Fives wanted to spar with you first. Then I'll go and see if you've got anything left in you, Athena." He said before stepping back, allowing the two room to fight. "Lesson time, princess." Fives said as he brought his fists to his chest. Athena scoffed. "Let me guess, you're really here for a rematch of yesterday aren't you? Since Master Skywalker caught you, now you wanna fight for real?" Fives only chuckled. "Trust me, princess, it's not going to be much of a rematch." He snarled, Athena took a fighting stance. Her feet were firmly placed and mounted to make it impossible for her to fall. "We'll see about that."

"How do you move that fast?" Fives seethed under his breath as he missed a punch again on the female. "I've told you both, I have training." She said, before dodging another blow perfectly. "I'm not some rookie from off the streets." She added. She threw a carefully calculated kick at his side and Fives fumbled back. He did his best to throw another punch at her but Athena caught his fist mid throw. She smirked as she forced his fist back to him, hitting him with his own fist. And with the final blow he stumbled, falling onto his back. "How did you win? How was I beaten by some girl?" He asked, sitting up and scowling at Athena. Athena chuckled as she moved next to him and crouched by his side, grey eyes looking down at him triumphantly. "Don't flatter yourself." She hissed, her voice was low and raspy. "You were never even a player."

"So I hear you've done rather well with your combat training." Obi-Wan said as he greeted the young woman for her training in the force. She smirked. "Yeah I guess you could say that." She replied and Obi-Wan chuckled lightly. "I'm glad to hear that you're excelling, Athena." Athena smiled, genuinely at him. How were the Jedi nothing like what she had learned them to be? What other lies had the separatist been feeding her? "Thank you, Master Kenobi." Kenobi smiled back at her before sighing slightly. "Unfortunately, combat training won't get you everywhere, we still need to train you in the force if you are to live up to your legacy." He said and Athena nodded, heading his words. "I have placed some stones in the middle of the room. I want you to sit here and meditate, manifest your connection with the force and use it to move them." He told her and she nodded. "Yes Master." She said as she sat where he told her and began to meditate with her eyes closed. She had never done anything like this before and had no idea how long it would take. She thought, much like her combat training, this would be an easy and simple task. Boy was she wrong.