✨𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠✨

• The Beginning of the End •

Fives watched as Athena wove her hair into a tight French braid

Fives watched as Athena wove her hair into a tight French braid. The clone sighed with a small smile. "I understand why you wear your hair like that, the functionality and all, but I wish you wore your hair down more often." Athena turned to him, a slightly flattered smile on her face. "Why's that?" She asked and Fives' eyes softened. "Because you're just so pretty with your hair down." He said honestly. It was pure and delightful. Athena adored it. "Fives you flatter me." "Well that is my job, princess." And for that moment everything seemed okay and right with the world. For a moment the war didn't exist and happy endings seemed so real. They were just two people, not soldiers, not a clone, not an Angel. Just two people who genuinely adored each other. But then that moment ended and things started to become dark. "Today's the day, isn't it?" Athena asked as her charmed expression began to melt off of her face. Fives gave a sigh before flashing her a sad smile. "Yeah..." he said softly. "But I'll be back before you know it." "I know." She replied as she stood and walked over to him. "You just know how much I hate it when you leave." Fives pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. "I know. But don't worry princess, Ringo Vinda will be a quick win."

"Fives. About time you showed up." Rex addressed the arch trooper as he approached the gunship for the mission to Ringo Vinda. And of course, Athena escorted him. "Miss Athena." Rex addressed the Angel politely. Athena smiled at him. "Captain, it's a pleasure as always." Athena replied and Rex looked from her to Fives. "Bring him back in one piece for me, won't you?" She joked as she nudged Fives playfully. Rex chuckled. "Of course. But that's if he can behave and not throw himself into trouble for once." Athena and Fives both chuckled at his humor. "What can i say? Danger is my middle name?" Fives said. "You don't have a middle name." Athena countered with a giggle. "I'll bring him back," Rex said giving the woman a nod. "I promise you that." He added. "I'm going to tell the rest of the men that you're here." Rex said before leaving the two alone. Fives turned back to Athena. "I'll be back soon." He said and Athena kissed his cheek. "You better."

After telling Fives goodbye and good luck on his mission Athena had been contacted by Obi-Wan who requested her presence with the council at once. She walked through the halls of the Jedi council. Everything felt so surreal when she truly thought about it. A people she once hated were now her closest friends. "Athena." Obi-Wan's voice caused her to be pulled from her thoughts. "Master Kenobi." She said with a small grin. "You wanted to see me? I was heading to the council at the moment like you instructed." She said as she turned to him. His expression was confusing to her, one she hadn't seen him wear Hardly ever. It was a face of slight fear but also stern eyes. "Yes." He replied. "I am heading there as well." He added. "Is something wrong?" Athena asked as he followed her. "Athena there is something you must see." "What is it?" Athena asked, now both concerned and curious. Kenobi sighed once they reached the council. "Kali is back."

"What do you mean Kali is back?" Athena barked at the Jedi. There was an anger in her tone, a rage, but it wasn't directed at anyone. It was merely a way to cover her fear, a brave face. "Athena please, calm down." Obi-Wan said as he entered the council with her at his side. "Miss Athena." Mace Windu greeted her. "We recieved s transmission that we Beleive you will find most interesting." Shaak Ti said as she gestured to a hologram in the center of the room. The hologram was like a painful memory. Kali stood in a glowing form with fear all over her face. Her form cowered as if she feared something yet to come. "Play the transmission." Plo Kloon ordered and the transmission blurred before it began playing once more. "Athena," her voice was just as Athena remembered but pained with fear. "I know you have no reason to trust me or to help me but please hear me out." Kali said as her form shivered. "Count Dooku has turned on me. He plans to kill me." Athena's eyes widened at this, not that she was surprised by the plans of Dooku but even still, she didn't expect him to turn on his own apprentice. "Please, Athena, I beg of you." Kali fell to her knees. "Please help me. You're my only hope."