✨𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖✨

• Father? •

"She's gone

"She's gone." Athena said as Kali's skin grew cold. Slowly, the Angel stood. "You took her from me." She paused as her grey eyes met his and furry burned in her irises. "Twice." Her saber ignited in her hands and that same familiar glow over took her body. She was ready to give him hell. But Dooku chuckled. "Before you destroy me." He said as he stepped closer to her. "Wouldn't you like to know more about your mother?" Athena froze. She faltered for only a mere second. Her mother was her weak spot and Dooku knew it. "Didn't your mother or the council ever tell you about your father? The Jedi that got your mother expelled." Athena's weakness quickly melted as she looked at the man with anger. "She told me you killed him." "No." Dooku chuckled as he looked down at her. "Athena," he said as he looked down at her with emotions she could not read. "I am your father."

"No." Athena breathed. It was as if the wind had been knocked right out of her. She stepped back, away from him. "You're lying. I know you are." Count Dooku didn't relent. "You know it's true." He said, his voice now full of authority. "Why else would I ask you to be my apprentice all those years ago? Why else would the Jedi council keep it from you?" Athena closed her eyes tightly. This was not what she wanted to hear. "And now, my child, you will join me." Her eyes shot open. "I will not." In a flash her saber which had been ignited, was brought in front of her, ready to fight. But Dooku had the same idea. His read saber clashed with hers and sparks flew. "If you join me we could end this war, freeing this galaxy from the oppression of the Republic." Athena brought her blade back and swung it at him once more. "The Republic is not oppressing anyone." "That's not what you would have said a few years ago." Dooku replied, reminding her of her past. She flung her hand out to him, pushing him back through the force. "That was when I was being fed the lies of the separatists. The Republic doesn't lie." "Don't they?" Dooku countered as his blade met hers once more. "They kept information from you. Isn't that bad enough?" Athena didn't respond. For once, he was correct. "I will not listen to you." She hissed and with those words her com link lit up. She was able to knock Dooku to the ground long enough for her to answer the call. "Rex? What's up? I'm kinda busy." "You need to come back to Coruscant immediately." His voice sounded tense and uneasy. "What? Why? What's wrong?" She asked, now concerned. "It's Fives." Rex said. "Something's happened."

Athena's world felt as if it might shatter. First Ahsoka left, now Kali was dead, now Fives. But in this moment she had to make a choice. Fight Dooku or return to the one she loved. She turned to count Dooku. She narrowed her eyes at him. "Another time, father." She hissed. "But next time you won't be so lucky." She added before leaving him and returning to her ship to race back to Coruscant and see what was up with Fives. As she walked, Athena thought about what Dooku had said to her. Was he really her father? Was this the former Jedi her mother fell for? If that's the case then why did Minerva tell her that Dooku killed her father? She had so many questions and so little time. She could feel a burden on her shoulders. She could feel something was coming. Something that she wasn't going to like and she would have to endure it all. But right now she had to take things one step at a time and do the next right thing. At this moment, the next right thing was for her to get back to Coruscant and figure out what was up with fives. She guided her ship into the air as quickly as she could and set her coordinates for Coruscant, worried of what she might find, she engaged light speed and prepared to return home.

 She guided her ship into the air as quickly as she could and set her coordinates for Coruscant, worried of what she might find, she engaged light speed and prepared to return home