✨𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕆𝕟𝕖✨

• The End of The Beginning •

"You uh, wanted to see me, Sir?" Fives said as he met with Rex at the medical bay

"You uh, wanted to see me, Sir?" Fives said as he met with Rex at the medical bay. Rex looked at the clone, confused. "You mean you haven't heard?" Fives now looked at the captain with an even more confused look. Captain Rex had requested the presence of CT-5555 at the medical bay at exactly seventeen hundred hours and fifty five minutes. "Fives," Rex said as he put his hand on his brother's shoulder, "She's awake."

Fives beat his own captain to the room which had held Athena for the past five days since the battle that put her to sleep. In all honesty, Fives had been the one to visit Athena the most in her time of unconsciousness. He had clocked more hours with the sleeping warrior princess then he had with his own brothers. Which for Fives, that was unusual. In all honesty, Fives had been dealing with a bit of guilt and self righteousness over the past five days. He felt guilty for all the doubt and hard times he had given the Angel. He needed for her to prove her worth, her loyalty to the Republic, and she had done that and much more. Athena was willing to give her life for men she had just met three days prior to the fight. She had proven herself to be a good soldier and a loyal friend to anyone of the Republic. He felt bad for the hard time he had given her and was hoping to make it up, somehow. He and Rex entered the room and Athena's face lit up with joy. She had been talking with Ahsoka before the two men entered. She still didn't look too good but it was a start to recovery. "How's my favorite Angel feeling?" Rex asked and Athena giggled softly. "I've been better, but considering the circumstances I'm pretty great." She said with a perky attitude. It caused the men to chuckle. "I'm glad to see you're feeling better." Rex said and then Athena's eyes shifted to Fives who had been pretty quiet the whole time. "Fives," She said, grey eyes looking up at him. "Ma'am." He replied. Oh Athena did not like that. It wasn't normal for him to call her that and it felt wrong. Her face scrunched up in confusion. "Ma'am? Since when do you call me ma'am?" She asked with her head tilting to one side as she looked up at him in wonder. A tension grew in the room, one Athena wasn't aware of. Ahsoka and Rex shared a look. "I think we are gonna let you two have some time to talk, um alone." Ahsoka said as she went to push Rex out of the room. That confused Athena even more but she didn't protest. She wasn't awake and aware enough to start questioning everything.

"Fives." Athena persisted. "Ahsoka tells me that you were the one who carried me here." She said as she gestured to her room. She then patted on the spot next to her, beckoning for him to sit with her. He hesitated for a moment before joining her. "She also tells me that you have spent more time here with me while I was out of it then with your own brothers. Why is that?" Fives hesitated, he looked down at his hands. "At the battle of Bakura, when you fell... We didn't know if you would ever wake back up again." He began softly. "I felt guilty. After how much doubt I had over you, how much I gave you a hard time you still risked your life to save us, to save me. I couldn't believe it, I still struggle to. I didn't want you to die without me getting a chance to apologize to you. I'm a better man then that." Athena was touched by his speech. For someone she once thought to be arrogant and self centered, Fives had proved to be a better man then that. He was a good man and an even better soldier. It only took a little hardship to see it. Athena smiled softly at him. "Thank you, Fives." She said as she gently reached up and placed a hand on his sharp cheek and tilted his face to face her. "I owe you my life." He chuckled softly. "And I owe you mine." He replied. "You're a good man, Fives." She said before finally leaning up and placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

𝔼ℕ𝔻 𝕆𝔽 𝔸ℂ𝕋 𝕆ℕ𝔼

{ A / N }

Thank you so much for reading the first act of ANGEL !! I hope you all enjoyed it! The next act will be posted next Monday while I take a munch needed break 😂 More updates coming soon!

~ Eliza