✨𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟✨

• Kali •

"Well as touching as this all is, we really need to keep going

"Well as touching as this all is, we really need to keep going." Rex said, breaking Athena's moment. Ahsoka looked at her sympathetically. "You all go ahead. I need a minute. I will catch up soon I promise." She said and Ahsoka gave her a nod before throwing her arms around her in a warm embrace. The battalion continued to walk down the hall of stained glass windows until they were out of sight and out of mind. "Goodness I didn't think they were ever going to leave." A voice called from behind Athena and her eyes widened. She recognized that voice. She turned around, searching for it's source. "Who's there?" She called. "Show yourself." She demanded and out of the shadows stepped an old friend wearing a dark cloak. She lowered the hood of her cloak and there was Kali, just as Athena remembered. A warm smile found it's way to her face. "Kali!" She cheered before running to her friend, throwing her arms around her in a hug. "Athena I'm so glad I found you!" she said. "Me too." Kali replied. "Now let's go home. I don't want to be around that republic scum any longer." Athena froze, pulling away from her life long friend. "Kali, no." She said softly. Her grey eyes had suddenly become clouded with worry. "I can't leave them." Kali scoffed. "You're joking, right?" She said, a smirk on her face. "No." Athena replied. "The Republic, the Jedi have told me more about my past, about my family, then the separatists ever did. All the separatists ever told me, told us, was that they found us as orphans. Don't you want to know where we came from? What our legacy is?" Kali's icy blue eyes became dark and bleak. This was not what she wanted to hear from her friend, the one she saw as her sister. "We don't get 'legacy's'." She sneered as she reached out and grabbed her friend's hand. "We are no bodies who work for the separatists. We are nothing but cadets serving a greater cause." She added. "Kali no!" Athena shouted. She knew the battalion had to have heard her this time. "I am not going back to those liars and murders. I cannot go back. The separatists have taken so many innocent lives.." "And the Jedi haven't?" Kali snapped. The sound of the battalion racing back to the room with windows could be heard by now. "Miss Athena," She could hear Rex's voice call to her. "Are you alr-" He froze and so did the others when they noticed Kali. Kali scoffed, a dangerous grin finding it's way to her face. "So this is what you left me for?" She asked, her tone was cold and dangerous. It scared Athena. "To play dress up with a bunch of 'copy and paste' soldiers?" Her tone grew colder by the minute. "Pathetic." She snapped. "Kali please just listen," Athena begged but Kali wouldn't hear it. "No, Athena. You listen to me." She demanded as she threw her friend to the ground. "You are a traitor, Athena. And now you have to die like one too." "Kali please!" But it wasn't enough. Kali turned to the darkness behind her and spoke as if she was addressing an army. "Kill them." She ordered before turning to face Athena once more. Legions of droids of all kinds appeared behind her, stepping out from the darkness and into the light, baring blasters. "Kill them all."

Without hesitation the droids began firing upon the legion of the 501st. And of course, without a moment to lose the men responded, instantly finding cover and fighting as well. They shot back at the droids and Ahsoka and Anakin stood in front of their men, lightsabers bared and defending their troops. Athena reached for her lightsaber to help but as soon she her fingers touched the cool metal she felt as if she couldn't breathe. It was bizarre but it felt as if the very life was being sucked from her lungs. She fell to her knees and tried to stand but it was useless. Her vision became dizzy and her sight vanished from her. She fell to the cold stone ground, defenseless from the Separatist attack.