✨𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥✨

• Cyar'ika •

Once back inside Fives had his helmet back on his head, shielding his face from view as he escorted Athena back to her room

Once back inside Fives had his helmet back on his head, shielding his face from view as he escorted Athena back to her room. "Rex," he said into his Comlink, "we've got a bit of a problem." He said and the captain was quick to respond. "Fives? What's going on? We heard an explosion." Rex questioned. "There's an attack. Get over here as soon as you can. I'm with Athena now, I'm getting her to safety." "Right. On it." Rex said before he hung up the com. Athena, finally once the conversation was over, pulled herself from his grasp. "Fives," she began, as she looked up at him. "You don't need to protect me. I'm a soldier, like you, and you and I both know I need to fight in this battle too." Fives wasn't convinced. "No." He replied. "You can't expect me to let you go out there again. You barely survived the last time." "So? I'm stronger now. Let me fight." "Stronger?" Fives scoffed. "Athena you just finished healing from the last battle." "I can still fight." "No, Cyar'ika. This is one battle you must let the men handle." He said as he went to put his hand on her shoulder. "No." She snapped as she stepped back. "I am the Angel of the Jedi like my mother before me. And despite how upset I may be with the Jedi of the past and what they did to my mother I will stand and fight. It's my job as much at is yours. It's my destiny. The Angel will stand to protect all from the forces of the Sith." Fives had about enough of her brave face. "But what If I-we loose you. I can't live with that, not again. Not even you can stop an entire army of droids on your own." "Oh but I can try." She said with a growing smirk. "You're forgetting something, I'm a warrior but I'm also a girl. And girls are the most powerful and brave heroes I know."

"Please just this once can't you do what your told?" Fives tried one last time. "Let the clones fight this, let me fight this. I'm a clone, I'm expendable. You're not." He said with a strain in his voice Athena hadn't heard before. She stepped closer to him, each step made with great intent. She reached up her small hands to his helmet and let them rest there on either sides before slowing lifting the helm to see a distraught Fives. He looked away to hide the few tears that had begun to run down his face. "Fives." She said softly. "I cannot loose you too. Not again." Fives muttered, his voice wavering with every word. Athena put a hand on his cheek as her grey eyes looked up at his brown ones that desperately tried to avoid her gaze. "You're not just another expendable clone." She said softly as her thumb gently caressed his skin. "You're my clone. You were my best friend." She said, her voice was so kind and soft. Fives' eyes looked down at her. "Athena," he began but she kept talking. "And I love you." She added before finally pushing herself up on her tip toes and kissing his lips ever so softly. Another explosion made the room rumble and forced the two apart before Fives could reciprocate. "Athena," he began but she shook her head. "I once thought clones were mindless soldiers, killing machines engineered by the republic but you have taught me so much. Through you I have learned that you all are individuals, clones by science but single souls by heart. Each one of you has a unique personality, names, and a beautiful valor for the republic, one that I can only dream of having. You have taught me so much without even realizing it and I have adored every second of it." She outstretched her hand. "And now it would be my esteemed honor to fight along side you against the people I once served. Please, will you do me that honor, Cyar'ika?" And just like that she had broken him, but not in a bad way. She had cracked that cold soldier exterior into the man Fives was on the inside. "Athena..." he muttered as he looked at her. He took her hand in his, a small grin grew on his face. "I would be honored to fight along side you, my princess."