✨𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟✨

• The Temple of the Angels •

Landing on the planet was easy

Landing on the planet was easy. The men - and ladies - were loaded into gunships and brought down to the planet's surface. That was the simple part of the mission. The rest was uncertain. Once all of the troops had been unloaded Anakin used his tracker to locate the missing troops. "Looks like we need to head north." He said as the battalion followed his lead, heading north into the thick forests of the Bakura. The life of the planet seemed similar to that of north America. There were large pine trees that covered all horizons within view. The scent of cedar and evergreen trees was thick in the air. Over all, it smelt like a forest with crisp and cool air. It would have been a delightful place to explore under different circumstances.

Athena stared down at her lightsaber hilt as she walked next to Ahsoka. She still couldn't figure out how to get the saber to work and there was no telling if she would need it soon or not. This worried her. She was useless without her weapon. Suddenly the legion stopped walking. Athena looked up to see that they were standing before a massive ancient building, one that hadn't been touched in ages and had long since been grown over by the native fauna of the planet's forest. "Master, why did we stop?" Ahsoka asked, looking up at Anakin who looked just as puzzled as everyone else. "It seems the men are inside there." He said as he looked up at the old stone building. "But that's impossible. It looks like no one's been in there for centuries." Rex replied, his helmet muffling his voice just a tad. "I know but it's what the tracker says." Anakin said before turning to Rex and the rest of the battalion. "Why don't you and the men see if you have anything strong enough to blow those doors open. We've got to get inside." He instructed. "Wait," Athena spoke up. "What about that writing on the door? It looks like a password." She said as she stepped closer to the building. "That's not writing, it doesn't even look like writing. It's just some wear and erosion." Anakin said but Athena persisted. "No their's definitely writing here. But it's old." Now Ahsoka was curious. "Well, what does it say?" She asked as she followed her friend. "It says uh," Athena squinted her eyes at the writing that had definitely seen better days. "Diana." She finally said. There was a soft white glow in the cracks of the door and as quickly as it came, it vanished. Then the doors slowly swung open, beckoning the guests inside. Ahsoka looked down at the writing that Athena had read. It looked like no language she had ever seen. "You can read that?" She asked with a raised brow. Athena shrugged. "You can't?"

Ahsoka and Anakin ignited their lightsabers and several of the men used small light sources on their helmets to light the way into the old ruins. "Where are we?" Ahsoka asked as the group continued to follow Anakin's tracker. The warm smell of pine and cedar and been replaced with a scent of dust and dirt. "Look!" Anakin said as he pointed down the corridor they were headed. There was a soft purple light at the end. None of them knew what the light might be from, it could be the men or it could be a clue. Or it could be a trap, which they all hoped it wasn't but they were prepared for one nonetheless. They followed the light, picking up their pace as they were curious to see what it was. The corridor led into a much larger room. One lined with large and intricate stained glass windows. That is what the light was coming from. In each stained glass window was a woman abstractly pictured. And each woman shared a predominate feature, they all wore the same armor as Athena. The armor of the Angel. "Athena," Ahsoka said as she took in the sight. "They all look like you, I mean, they're all wearing your armor." She said. "This is strange. I don't like it." Anakin said as he narrowed his blue eyes at the stained glass surrounding them. Under each window was a stone with writing, the same writing that was outside. "Look at this." Ahsoka said as she pointed to the stones underneath each window. Athena followed and read the first one aloud. "Diana Valkyrie, The First One." Both girls looked from the stone up to the woman pictured. "That must be Diana. The first Jedi Angel." Athena said. "This place, I think it's a temple to the Angel of the Jedi." She said. Then something short of realization hit her. "Wait, that means-" She didn't finish her sentence. Instead she raced across the room, reading names aloud as fast as she could to find the one she wanted to see. "Odette, Adora, Juno, Pele-" She stopped short finally, gawking at a final window. "Minerva." She said softly, the name rolling off her tongue like butter. The others followed her slowly and tried to piece together what she could possibly be talking about. Athena softly placed her fingers on the beautifully colored pieces of glass as she gazed up at the image who bared a striking resemblance to her except for her piercing green eyes that differed from Athena's grey ones. She inhaled sharply as she was transfixed by the woman she never knew. "Mother."

"