✨𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣✨

• potential For Greatness •

Athena put down her pen and looked over her notes one last time

Athena put down her pen and looked over her notes one last time. She skimmed over the outline she jotted down over her reading. The Jedi are evil. They forbid attachments, passion, emotion. How can someone love without those things? Her notes were correct. Satisfied with her studies she closed the heavy leather bound textbook. She closed her notes as well and stashed them and her pen away in her bag. She went to return the book to a shelf in the library of the Separatist Academy and that's when someone startled her. "PST! Athena!" Someone whispered rather loudly causing her to Yelp and nearly drop her book. "Sshhh!" The librarian hushed her from the other side of the room. "Sorry..." Athena whispered before turning to the person responsible for scaring her. "Kali!" She scolded her friend who only giggled. "You should have seen your face! I spooked you good, Athey, you have to admit." Kali said as she ran her fingers through her jet black hair. She adjusted the crooked blue diamond pin on her uniform and sighed as she looked at her friend. "Now hurry up and put that book away so we can cause some trouble! You spend way too much time in the books, it's time to have some fun." Athena sighed. "Fun won't pass my classes, Kali. I need to study in order to pass professor Sombra's exam on the intentions of the Jedi. And so do you." Athena said as she crossed her arms and Kali scoffed. "Please, Athena. What else is there to know? The jedi are evil. That's that." "But it's not that simple. There's motives, Kali. Reasons for the way they are what they are." Kali rolled her eyes. "You know what you sound like right now? A nerd. Now let's go!" Kali said as she pulled her friend by the arm out of the library. "Kali!" Athena scolded again as she was dragged. "Shh!" The Liberian shushed them once more as they left. "Sorry!" The girls chorused before reaching the corridor outside. They giggled as they walked together, however their giggles were outlived when they realized someone was standing in front of them, blocking their path. "Madame Daeva." Kali said, fear plastered on her face. Madame Daeva was the assistant to the headmaster of the Academy, and feared by all the students for she was notorious for digging up trouble makers and giving them the punishments they deserved and much more. "Athena." Daeva said, her voice dry and old as she was, "come with me. I wish to speak with you." Athena looked at Kali. "Alone." Daeva added and Kali turned to leave. Athena watched in silence as she left and then turned to Daeva. "Yes, madame?"

"Count Dooku has been watching your career with great interest, young cadet." Daeva said as she escorted the girl through the halls. "Count Dooku... knows who I am?" She asked, shocked that someone so high up in the separatist army even knew who she was. Daeva nodded. "Of course. He's been keeping an eye on you since we found you as a baby. He has proposed an offer I'm sure you cannot refuse." She added, Athena was still shocked that he had even noticed her existence. "Count Dooku has offered, if you pass your final examinations, he will make you his new apprentice." "But I thought Ventress-" "ventress has failed him one last time." "Oh." Athena said, surprised that Ventress was no longer the apprentice of the great Count Dooku. "But Kali, will she-" "Kali is nothing but a trouble maker. She will stay at the Academy and continue to be drilled down until she conforms perfectly to the system." "But.. but she's my friend." Athena said as she looked up at the old woman. "There are no friends in war." Daeva hissed. "Athena, haven't you always had this feeling that you are special? That you are meant for more then being a cadet. I know it, you know it, and count Dooku knows it. It's time you put your potential to the test." Athena sighed. This was a big step for her, a huge opportunity. But she'd have to leave her only friend behind. "Athena, you have the potential for greatness. Don't let one foolish girl slow you down. Think about the offer, then let me know your decision." She said as she stopped walking in front of the barracks that Athena and Kali both stayed in. "Yes Madame. Thank you."

"Fives," Rex said as he approached his clone brother at the launch bay. He was waiting for Athena so they could begin their mission back to Agamar. By now Rex had heard about the mission Athena and Fives were going to embark on and he wanted a word with Fives before the two left. "Hey, Rex." Fives said as he turned to his friend with a grin. "I heard about your mission with Athena." He told him as he approached him. "I just wanted to tell you to be careful. I-." Rex hesitated for a moment before continuing, "I know how close you two are." He said with an emphasis on the word "close". "Just don't do anything stupid." Fives chuckled. "I won't. As long as you stay out of trouble." Rex grinned softly as he shook his head. "Oh I will, you're taking all the trouble with you anyways."