✨𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟✨

• Shatter •

"Kali it's time you gave up

"Kali it's time you gave up." Athena ordered, her voice was filled with power and strength and it echoed through the halls of the temple. "You have lost." She added. Kali looked at her, icy blue eyes tearing up and full of pain. "You promised. You promised that you would come back." She said through sobs. "And I still can, come with me. The Republic will welcome you and with time you could become a powerful soldier in this war, just like you always wanted." Athena's eyes drifted for a moment from Kali's blue eyes to the blue diamond pin on her robes. Even still she wore the last connection to her family like a medal. Kali wanted a place in this word just as much as she did. A home. "Come home, Kali." Athena offered before smiling softly. "Home." Kali muttered the word. It sounded so foreign to her. "You know things have been seriously changing ever since you left." Kali said, her blue eyes looked blankly at her, they were bloodshot from the tears she had let fall. "Count Dooku gave me a mission, powerful separatist generals have noticed me. I left the academy, I'm now a ranked member of the separatist army. I have battalions to command but there's just one thing missing." Kali said as she cupped Athena's cheeks. "You." She said. Her tone sounded so soft and so sincere. But then something switched like a light switch. "And you want me to throw it all away? Because what, because you're having an identify crisis?" Kali's nails dug into the skin of Athena's cheeks and the red color of blood flowed down to her chin. "I've always had to earn my power and position. I've had to fight for everything I have. Why should it be any different for you?" She muttered before her eyes darkened once more. "It almost makes me wonder." She continued and threw Athena to the ground, her nails scratching her skin as she did so. "What I could have been if I had gotten rid of you sooner." "Kali-" "shut it." Kali ordered as she sent a sharp kick to Athena's chest. It caused Athena to cough fiercely and blood was coughed up along with the air she choked on. Kali laughed wickedly as she knelt down to face her former friend who was struggling to stand after the last blow to her chest. Blood trickled down her chin from her mouth. Kali reached out and put her finger underneath Athena's chin, tilting her bloody face to look up at her. "I spent so much time thinking, hoping, and praying for you to return. For you to come home and come back to me." Her grip on her chin became tighter. "But truthfully, you leaving me was the best thing that ever happened." Kali stood back up, looking over her beaten opponent. "And you can say goodbye to your petty Republic. More droids are arriving at this second to wipe the galaxy clean of your filth." She said and Athena looked up to see thousands more droids marching towards the 501st. There was no way they'd be able to make it through that wave. They'd be mowed down like grass. She had to do something and she had to do it fast.

Athena ran to the clones who fought back bravely. "Get out of the way! Move!" She shouted as she pushed and shoved men out of her way. She had an idea, but it was risky. She used her sword to deflect shots from her as she ran. But then she stopped in front of a single clone who just got his blaster shot out of his hands by a droid. He hissed in pain as he looked down at his hands that burned from the rogue shot. Athena stood in front of him, shielding them from the attack. The clone she stood in front of was none other then Fives, but she knew that. And at that moment she was about to give her life to protect him and the others if she had to. In a split decision she hurdled her saber through the air, striking down the droid that kept shooting at her and Fives. "I want you all to get down now!" She added. She took a deep breath and outstretched her hands in front of her. She focused on the force, on the power of the force. She let it flow through her. For someone who only had experience in lifting rocks this was going to be a big jump for her. She exhaled and felt the power rushing through her veins. This was it. The clones looked behind them as the sound of glass cracking and splintering could be heard. Anakin's eyes widened as he realized what Athena was doing. It was extremely risky but it just might work if she didn't kill herself in the process. "Everyone needs to get down now!" Anakin ordered before ducking for cover. The clones quickly followed, even Fives who watched the Angel in front of him use the force. The sound of glass shattering was deafening and thousands of shards of stained glass fell to the ground. But before each piece could make it's landfall they were hurdled in groups into the circuits of each droid, taking out hundreds at a time. They would win this fight, even if Kali would escape. As the shards of glass raced past her, they grazed Athena's skin. Each piece causing another cut into her already tethered skin. Blood dripped from her nose onto her lip from the sheer amount of concentration she used to will the force to fire her glass shard bullets at the enemy. She let out a fierce scream, a battle cry as she brought down her enemy even with her own life at stake. She was in her own line of fire and once she finally finished her glass shard assault her body was weak and laced with cuts from the glass. She looked down at the trooper she risked it all for. A weak smile laced her red stained lips. "Rise." were the only words she could get out, they were raspy and breathless. Her weak body swayed lightly as it fell to the ground and Athena's world went black. She had given it all for the republic. No one could question her loyalty now.