✨𝕆𝕟𝕖✨

• Athena •

The glowing woman swung her massive sword at a villain made of black shadows

The glowing woman swung her massive sword at a villain made of black shadows. The sword, being purely made of light from the hilt down, vanquished the monster. With a howling scream the shadow creature vanished. The woman turned, her face and front now clearly visible. Her eyes were glowing. On her forehead she wore a silver band that pointed down towards her nose. Two silver wings sprouted from the sides of her silver crown, imitating the Jedi symbol. On the silver band was a glowing fiery crystal. She wore Jedi robes and armor unlike something Athena had ever seen before. On her boots were the mark of the Jedi, two pairs of wings with a star sprouting from the middle. She wore shoulder guards that glistened with silver, matching her head plate. This woman was a Jedi, but she was no ordinary Jedi. She looked straight at Athena, her eyes bared straight into her soul. "Athena." She said her name as if she knew the girl. Now that she thought about it, the woman looked painfully familiar. But Athena just couldn't put her finger on where she knew her from. She was important, not just to the Jedi, but also to her. This woman was a significant part of her past. But who was she?

"Athena!" The blonde sat straight up in her bed, images of her dream instantly fleeting from her mind. "Who? What? Huh?" She asked, looking for the source of her name being shouted. Her best friend, Kali, looked over her. Kali was all she had ever known at the separatist war training Academy at Agamar. Both girls were taken when they were very young to learn. They met in one of their classes, strategy and weaknesses. The two were inseparable ever since. Kali was a headstrong girl. She was tall and had fair skin. Her dark black hair was cut into a wavy pixie cut and her icy blue eyes could gaze into anyone's soul. She wore her uniform, always with a modification for Kali was not a rule follower unlike Athena. Her simple modification was only a small pin on her coat. A blue diamond shaped pin, Athena knew why she wore it and no one else did. It was the last thing Kali had from her father before she was taken away for the academy. "We're going to be late to combat for training if you don't get up already." Athena looked at the clock near her bed and realized Kali as right. Her silver eyes widened as she shot out of her bunk in the barracks and immediately got ready for the day. "Now come on already!" Kali said and dragged her friend off for their training. One detail, however, stuck with Athena as they ran. It was one from her dream that left her in complete confusion. She recognized the hilt the Jedi in her dream used for her lightsaber. If was the same barren sword hilt she had as the last memory of her family. She kept it under her pillow in secret but the dream she had made her wonder where exactly it was that she came from and who her parents were before she was taken for the Academy.

"What do you think professor Jason will teach us today?" Kali asked as the two walked. To say Athena's thoughts were elsewhere would be an understatement. She couldn't stop mulling over the thought of the strange female Jedi in her dream. Who was she? And why did she feel so familiar? Athena was still trapped in her inner thoughts about the image when she heard Kali's voice calling to her much louder this time. "Athey? Hello?" Kali said jokingly. "What's with you this morning? You seem much more dazed and out of it then normal." "I'm just lost in thought." Athena replied with a shrug. "No, what's on your mind?" Kali said, stopping her and looking her dead in the eyes with her icy blue irises. Athena couldn't lie to her, not with eyes like that staring into her soul. "What do you know about the Jedi?" Athena finally asked. Kali raised a brow in confusion of her question. "You mean the corrupted knights of the misguided republic?" She asked before giving a scoff. "Only that they're nothing but a bunch of arrogant tyrants that do nothing but lie to their people. They say they promote peace when they are the ones leading their brain washed clone army into battle, fighting along with them on the front lines. Taking innocent lives and not caring at all about the consequences." Kali looked her in the eyes again. Her stare was deadly. "They're evil, Athena."