✨𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥✨

• Crystal •

"This is it," Athena said as she took in the sight of a massive building in the forest of Agamar

"This is it," Athena said as she took in the sight of a massive building in the forest of Agamar. "It has to be." She said and she heard Fives gasp as he removed his helmet. "It's beautiful." He said, and he was right. Unlike the other temple, this one was made entirely out of crystal. If it had been kept up to it's proper standards, Athena was certain it would be a sight to behold. Athena turned to Fives. "I think," she began as she walked over to him. "I think I need to do this next part on my own." Fives' face fell at her words. "What?" He asked as he looked down at her. Athena sighed and took his hands in hers. "Fives, I need to set things right with my past. I need to figure out what's going on, what the Angel's curse is." "And why can't I go with you?" "Because," Athena said before she sighed. "This is my battle, this is my fight. I wouldn't impose on your own battle. You have to let me do this on my own." There was a look in Fives' eyes. He wanted to disagree. He wanted go with her. But he also understood. This was her conflict that she needed to resolve on her own. He had done his part now she needed to do hers. His demeanor softened as he reached up to cup her cheeks. "I love you." He said softly and Athena smiled. "I know."

Athena removed the hood of her cloak as she walked into the crystal temple. She looked around, taking in the sight of beauty crystal arches and architecture. "Wow." She said under her breath as she walked deeper and deeper into the temple. Something about this temple felt different from the other. There was an energy here she hadn't felt at the other and she just couldn't put her finger on it just yet. The corridor she walked through started to open up into a much larger room, similar to the other temple where it opened into the stained glass gallery. But this one was different, this one opened up into a gallery of statues made from crystal. Each one was different but they all had something in common, the were all women of different kinds. But they all had Athena's armor and sword. They were all Angels. Some she recognized from the other temple and some she didn't. Her eyes searched for that one name that she so desperately wanted to see, that one woman who meant so much to her. Minerva.

All of the statues, despite being solid crystal, looked so life like. As if they could come to life at any moment. Their names were imprinted on to the base of each sculpture and after searching for a considerable amount of time, Athena finally found the one she was looking for. Minerva stood not much taller then her, she had strong sculpted cheekbones and her hair flowed loosely around her. She wore the same armor that Athena did when she went into battle several times and she had that infamous sword in her hand, raised to the sky as if she were about to charge on an enemy. Athena brought her fingers to the cold solid crystal cheek of her mother's statue. But then something caught the corner of her eye and she turned her head to catch a glimpse of a statue next to her mother's, one that didn't make any kind of sense. It was a statue of herself. She checked the carving at the base where the name would be and there it was, "ATHENA VALKYRIE" written in bold letters. That's impossible. Athena thought to herself. This temple looked like it hadn't been visited in years. How could there be a statue of her, someone who only knew of her destiny within the past few years, already be carved into a perfect statue among the other Angels? It was a perfect replica as well. Everything from her French braided hair to her jawline was an exact copy of her current self. "Athena." A voice suddenly caused her to snap out of the trance of staring at her own statue. Athena blinked a few times, trying to clear her mind before she turned to find the source of the voice. When her eyes met a sight she could only dream of, she gasped. Standing before her, in a faint blue glow, was the spirit of her mother. Minerva. "Is it... is it really you?" Athena asked timidly. Minerva's expression softened before she nodded at her daughter. "I have waited so long for you to come here."

"