✨𝕋𝕨𝕠✨

Promise •

"Why are you asking about Jedi anyways?" Kali asked as the two finally got to their combat training

"Why are you asking about Jedi anyways?" Kali asked as the two finally got to their combat training. They walked into their respective locker room and changed out for the class. "I-" Athena began to answer before Kali answered for her. "Oh stars! You forgot to study for the quiz today in politics didn't you?" She asked with a laugh, tying up her boots. Hesitantly, Athena laughed with her. "Yes of course!" She replied, forcing her best laugh. "You got me." She added. Kali sighed as she stood up, putting an arm around her friend. "You had me worried there for a second, asking about Jedi. What nonsense!" Kali said as she shook her head and went to put her bag in her locker. Athena pulled her curly blonde hair up into a ponytail. Her bangs still managed to cover her forehead and tickle the skin. She refused to pin it up today, she didn't have the effort. "Now come on," Kali said with a pat on her back. "Before we are any later than we already are."

The thoughts of the mysterious Jedi stayed with Athena all day. She couldn't stop thinking about it. It felt so important to her. When the day was finally over and the students were dismissed Athena wondered back to her barracks when no one else was around. She walked over to her bunk and pulled the barren sword hilt from under her pillow. It didn't look like a lightsaber hilt, instead it looked like the hilt to a typical medieval sword. There was a skinny silver handle wrapped in strips of leather and it fanned into a wider diamond shape with a smooth blue stone that had been clouded by years of improper care. There were two silver wings on each side of the diamond shape where the blade would connect to the hilt. If it was a lightsaber hilt, it was the least functional one Athena had ever seen. She couldn't figure out how to ignite it. It was, well, the only lightsaber hilt she had ever seen- if it was one that is. She stared down at the hilt, seeing her own reflection in the shiny silver. Athena Athena Athena. She could hear a whispered voice call her name as her grey eyes focused on the piece of metal. A vision of the jedi flashed in her eyes. "Find me. Find yourself. Know the past, it is not what it seems. Discover the truth." The voice seemed to demand of her. Athena knew what she had to do.

"What are you doing?" A voice behind Athena startled her and caused her to drop the cold metal hilt. It plopped softly on to her pillow. "Kali," Athena said as she turned around. "I didn't hear you come in." Anyone could hear the nervousness in Athena's voice. Kali wasn't buying her false peace for a moment. She walked straight past her and looked to see what she was hiding. Her icy blue eyes met the hilt on her pillow and distaste filled her expression. "What is this?" She said as she carefully picked up the object. Her words were filled with spite. Athena sighed, guilty and caught. "In all honesty, I don't know." Athena said as she gently took the hilt from her friend. "It's the last thing I have to remember my parents by." Kali's gaze was still skeptical as she glared at the hilt. "Are you sure you don't know what it is?" She questioned, intent eyes now staring at Athena's eyes. "Yes." Athena said, "I have no idea." She lied.

Athena took her only belonging and slipped it into a satchel that she strapped around her chest. She had to know more. She had to find the truth and find the voice. With that she slipped out of her bed. Night had fallen on Agamar and everyone was asleep at the academy making it the perfect time to escape. There would be minimal guards on the docking bay. It was easy. She pulled back the bleak white cover on her bunk and straightened it. She turned to leave and she was almost out of the room when someone grabbed her wrist, causing her to freeze and fear washed over her. She turned to see the confused and tired face of her friend. "Kali," Athena said in a short breath. "What are you doing up?" "I could ask you the same question." Kali countered, those same icy blue eyes staring bullets into Athena's soul. "There's something I need to sort out." Athena said softly. "I'll be right back." She added with a smile. Kali's demeanor softened and she almost looked scared, scared of what was to come. Part of her knew her friend wasn't coming back. "Promise?" "I promise."

"