✨𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠✨

• Unlikely Pair •

The woman looked at Athena

The woman looked at Athena. Her silver eyes were full of pain and suffering. Athena recognized her all too well. She had never seen this woman face to face that she could remember but she knew her all too well. Minerva, her mother. She had a corset secured around her torso and a white chemise that covered her arms. A brown skirt flowed down to the floor and a matching colored scarf covered her head, acting almost like a cloak to conceal her identity. But Athena knew her all too well. The woman called her name desperately, "There is something you must know." She added. Her grey eyes seemed to look almost straight past her. "The past is not what it seems. The truth must be found, without it you will be destroyed." Athena tried to respond, she tried to cry out and ask her what she meant. She craved her mother's love, something she felt like she never had. But when she tried to cry out to her mother she found herself mute and unable to speak. "Please, my sweet girl." Her mother's voice came again. "Please save yourself from this destiny."

"Gentlemen," Kali's icy voice cut through the air and the small squadron of clones turned to see the woman. They didn't recognize her at first but those who heard the stories of the 501st and their battle on Bakura knew who she was. "May I have just a moment of your time?" She asked and the clones only glared at her. "What do you want?" One hissed at her. She only chuckled darkly, the sound rolling off her tongue like thick fresh honey. "I just want to know one thing and then we can all go our separate ways and no one gets hurt." She said as she folded her hands in front of her. "Where is Athena, the Jedi Angel?" She questioned and one of the men scoffed. "Like we'd ever tell you." He hissed. Kali's icy blue eyes narrowed at him. She removed what looked like a lightsaber hilt from her belt but when she ignited it, instead of a normal sith red blade there was a glowing red ax made entirely of red light. In one swift motion she decapitated the clone. His helmet with his head still inside made a sickening thud to the ground and his limp body fell along with it. "I'm only going to ask this one more time." Kali said, pointing her ax at the others. "Where is Athena?"

Athena sat straight up in her bed. She was still at the med bay but Kix had said she was close to being able to leave. Her dream, however, had felt so real. So painfully real. She could feel her mother's sadness and distraught. She could sense the pain that she could see in her eyes. It was so real... "Athena," Kix said as he walked into her room. The blonde looked up to see the clone medic stepping only slightly into her room. Athena had her arms wrapped around herself, fear in her eyes from her dream, but at the voice of someone she knew she relaxed. "Hey, Kix." She said softly with a small smile. "You have a visitor." He didn't need to tell her who it was, Athena knew. "Fives." She said with a soft grin and Fives only smiled as he walked in and over to her. Kix left them alone and Fives sat on the edge of her bed. "Hey, princess."

Ever since Athena had woken up from the battle of Bakura Fives decided whenever he could, he would step in to keep the Angel company while she recovered from her wounds. This usually resulted in him telling her battle stories and Athena found herself interested in everything he said, her grey eyes were always uniquely trained on his while he spoke as she eagerly hung on his every word. As strange and ironic as it was, the two had formed a unique bond which was night and day to their earlier relationship. "Tell me again about the domino squad." She asked as she crossed her legs and sat indian style across from him. Fives grinned at the girl. "You really do like that one, huh?" He asked, the story of the domino squad and their success was a story Athena frequently asked to hear from him. He noted she wasn't one for sad endings so she didn't like hearing about Echo's last battle or one of Five's heroes, 99's way of saving the day on Kamino. No, Athena like stories of unlikely success. Happy endings. And it was partially because she craved to have one for herself one day. Married with a child or two, but she could see that dream slip away more and more each day. "Yes, you know I do." She said with a smile. "Alright, princess." He said before he began the story again for what seemed like the millionth time.