✨𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖✨

•  Anakin and Athena •

The hilt lifted out of her hands effortlessly and was suspended in the air by way of the force

The hilt lifted out of her hands effortlessly and was suspended in the air by way of the force. Athena closed her eyes, concentrating on the visions, on the sword, and on her mother's words. She focused on the precious blue stone on the hilt of the sword. She focused on the face of her mother, the one with tears streaming down it. "Athena" she could hear a distant voice calling her. She sighed, her eyes squinting shut even harder as she focused harder on the voice. "Athena." The voice said again. "I hear you." Athena whispered in response. "Athena!" This time it was Ahsoka's voice and she opened her eyes to see the hologram of her mother in the room. It was being projected from the sword, from the blue stone except it wasn't a stone. It was a secret place to store a message for her from Minerva. "Mother..." Athena muttered. "Athena..." Her mother muttered, her words were strained and sounded like they caused her pain. "If you are watching this, it means I have failed. It means I am gone. I am so sorry, please understand that. I don't have much time but I must tell you that the Jedi council will lie to you, as will the Sith. Neither side is right and neither side is wrong. Your destiny is in danger and it's my fault. You will endure the Angel's curse as I did. Please, go to the temple on Agamar there we can talk more. There is so much you must know, my sweet girl. I love you." And with that the recording cut out.

"Athena..." Ahsoka began but Athena was too stunned to respond. "Athena I'm so sorry." Athena took in a deep breath. "I have to go to the Jedi Archives." She said as she snapped back to reality. "What? Why?" "I have to know more about my mother, about my past. I am positive there is some record of what she's talking about there and I am going to find it." "I won't stop you," Ahsoka said, "And I won't come with you. This is something you must do on your own. But please, be careful. You may not like what you find." Athena hesitated before turning to look back at her friend. "I know, and I am prepared to accept that."

The archives were just as Athena remembered them, grand and impressive with winding corridors lined with information and leading to who knows where. She had no idea where to start looking for the answers she wanted. She looked up and sighed when she noticed just how many records the archives held. "Looking for something?" A familiar voice called and Athena turned to see Anakin looking down at her with a faint smile. "Master Skywalker." Athena greeted him with a polite nod. "Oh please, you're friends with Ahsoka. Call me Anakin, or Sky-guy. But not Master Skywalker. You're not my padawan, you're Obi-Wan's apprentice." He said with a growing grin and and Athena's smile widened as she giggled. "Anakin," she said, correcting her 'mistake', "I'm looking for information about my past, the Jedi Angels to be exact. I wanna know what happened to my mother." Anakin's kind smile faded at her words. "Athena," he said and placed a hand on her shoulder, "take it from someone in a similar place as you, that may not be something you want to know." Athena looked up at him. "What do you mean?" Anakin sighed. "When I was young, Obi-Wan believed me to be the chosen one to bring balance to the force. I understand being chosen can be an intense responsibility." He said before looking down, his long brown hair covered his eyes for a moment. "And I too let the grief for my mother take over my emotions and control me to do terrible things." "Anakin," Athena said as she placed a hand on his arm. "I will be careful. I promise." She said and he looked over at her. He gave her a sad smile. "The Chief librarian can help you find what you need. She's down the hall, you'll know her when you see her." He told her. "And Anakin," Athena said before she turned to leave. "Whatever happened to your mother, I'm sorry." Anakin sighed, giving her a smile again. "Thank you, Athena."

"