✨𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣✨

• Kali Falls •

"Miss Athena," Athena turned as she loaded her ship, dressed in her trademark Angel armor, and a small smile spread on her face

"Miss Athena," Athena turned as she loaded her ship, dressed in her trademark Angel armor, and a small smile spread on her face. "Commander Cody." She addressed him. "I didn't think anyone else was up this early." She said and he chuckled softly. "I'm always up." He replied. "I wanted to wish you good luck on your mission." He added. "Thanks, Cody." She said. "I also wanted to tell you, from the general and myself, please be careful." He said and she noticed a difference in his tone. "Hm?" She asked as she turned to him. "I've heard about how you and Fives are close friends." He paused. "I know how distraught he would be if something were to happen to you. So please, be careful." Athena blushed lightly when he mentioned Fives but smiled politely. "I'll be fine, Cody. No need to worry. I can handle myself."

Dooku's palace was dark and unwelcoming. Everything about it gave her a bad vibe. She snuck around the dark corridors, lightsaber in hand but not ignighted just yet, ready to pounce. She was starting to wish she had brought someone with her and didn't come alone. The silence was deafening and made her unnecessarily nervous. She finally found her way into a large open room and her eyes widened. "Dooku." She seethed as she laid her eyes on the sight before her. Kali was on her knees with her hands bound together in front of her. "The Jedi Angel." Dooku addressed her with a grin. "Athena, correct? I'm so glad you could join Us." Athena ignighted her lightsaber and held it ready to strike. "Let her go." She commanded and Dooku chuckled. "Why? Because you'll kill me if I don't? Please, child, it's not the Jedi way-" "I am no Jedi." Athena seethed and this time Kali laughed as she stood. "Wow. Excellent job Athena." Confusion washed over the blonde's face. "I think we got it. We got it, master. She's all yours." Then it snapped for Athena. "Damnit!" She cursed to herself. It was indeed a trap and she had fallen for it. "You really are a dumb blonde." Kali taunted. "I almost didn't think you'd be stupid enough to fall for that but I guess I was wrong." Kali said with a laugh. Athena scowled. "So now what?" She asked. "Did you bring me all this way just to kill me?" "No." Dooku said, his tone was emotionless. "I brought you here to watch." He said as he stalked over to Kali, who still seemed confident in her plan to capture her friend. "As your oldest friend is slayed." Kali's eyes widened at the words but before you could react Dooku had his saber plunged through her chest. She looked down with a terrified expression as his red saber pierced through her chest. "KALI!" Athena cried as she sprinted to her old friend who fell limply to the floor after the blade was removed from her heart. "Your failures end today, Kali." Dooku muttered. "This is your end."

"Nononono." Athena muttered as she scooped her old friend up into her arms. Kali was cold and her body was limp. "Kali please." Athena begged as she held her. "I'm sorry." Kali muttered. It was barely audible but she could hear her. "I'm so sorry Athena." She added. "I betrayed you. I-I couldn't stop it. I couldn't stop him." She said as a single tear slipped down her face. "The voices- they wouldn't stop." "The voices?" Athena asked, but now wasn't the time to interrogate her friend. The light inside her was fading. "I'm sorry." Kali said again. "Hey," Athena said as she cupped her cheek. "It's okay." She said with a smile and Kali managed a weak smile back. "It wasn't all bad, was it?" Kali asked in reference to her life and actions. "There were some good times, right?" Athena nodded. "Yes. There were some pretty great times." "Thank you, Athena." Kali said before her body grew limp and her lively demeanor faded for good. Kali was dead.

 Kali was dead