✨𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟✨

• The Stars •

"Tell me again what happened?" Fives asked gently

"Tell me again what happened?" Fives asked gently. The two were outside in the courtyard sitting on the stone steps. "I did some digging." Athena began, her gaze was on the stone ground in front of her, not on the clone at her side. "About my mother and my last lives." She added. "My mother was expelled from the Jedi order for having an affair with another Jedi." "Do you know who?" Athena shook her head. "No, the council has done a good job at covering that up." She replied. "But there's more." Athena continued. "They sent my mother to Agamar as her exile but also because they feared Agamar would leave the Republic soon. They wanted to use Minerva as a weapon in battle against the separatists, and they did. My mom was forced to use the extreme power of the Jedi Angel's Kyber crystal to completely decimate the separatist army, and herself along with it."

Fives placed a gentle hand on Athena's shoulder. "How could they do that to her... force her to give everything up for their stupid war." "Well now this war cannot be that stupid." Athena looked up at him with watery eyes. "How can you say that? This war took my mother from me." Five's expression softened. "If it wasn't for this war I wouldn't be here, talking to you, Cyar'ika." Athena's brow furrowed as she looked up at him in wonder. "What?" She asked, her voice still shaky from the overwhelming amount of emotions she was going through. Fives gently put his arm around her and pulled her close to him. "I am a clone, Athena. If not for the war and the Jedi who ordered our creation I would cease to exist and would have never met you." Athena mulled over the words he told her. He was right, if it wasn't for the war she wouldn't have the opportunity to meet some of her now best friends. She leaned into him, sighing softly as she relaxed her tense muscles. "I suppose. And I am thankful to have met you, Fives. Most of the time that is." She said as her lips curled up into a smile and Fives chuckled at her words. "What do you mean by that, Princess?" He asked with a grin. "I think you know." She replied and took her gaze to the sky. She felt a strange peace wash over her. She felt safe in his arms. "The stars." She said as she gazed up at them, "I always forget how beautiful they are." She added. "On Agamar it was difficult to see them. But here... they're so clear and beautiful." Fives smiled softly down at the girl who had nestled into him, despite the sharpness and bulky shape of his clone armor. "Just like someone else I know." He said rather quietly before leaning down to place a kiss on her forehead. It made a slight pink tint rise on her cheeks and her smile only got bigger. "I feel safe here, with you." Athena added and her eyelids felt heavy. She felt as if she might drift off to sleep. "Well," a painfully recognizable voice caused her eyes to shoot open. "Isn't this just adorable." She sat straight up and quickly located the source of the voice. "Kali." "Hey, Athey."

"By all means, don't stop on my account." Kali said with a smirk as she crossed her arms over her chest. Athena was quick to her feet and Fives followed. "Athena I have to get you to safety." He ordered as he grabbed her arm and tried to pull her inside. "No." She hissed. "This is personal business." She added. "Athena," Fives persisted, "you're unarmed." Kali laughed. "Oh no, do keep bickering, gives my droid army more time to make it's way to Coruscant." She said and with her statement the firing of a laser cannon shook the ground. The two soldiers looked off in the distance to see a full army of droids and tanks preparing to advance on the upper levels of Coruscant. "Athena," Fives persisted once more. "Let's go. Now."