✨𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪✨

• Give Me Time •

Kali knew her master would punish her greatly if she did not succeed in this battle

Kali knew her master would punish her greatly if she did not succeed in this battle. She used her hand to block out the light of the Angel as she stared at her, the grip of her axe only tightening in anger. She would not loose, not again. Athena had already taken everything from her when she left. She wouldn't allow her to take this victory from her in battle as well. She charged her friend, running blindly into the light and swung her axe at her. She was unsuccessful. Athena instantly met Kali's blade with her own, they sparked fiercely once more as they collided. Kali's eyes were wide, she couldn't loose this battle. She couldn't tell Dooku of another defeat. She and Athena fought fiercely, hot blades sparking and sizzling with each collision. However, with one swift and precise blow, Athena knocked the axe out of Kali's hand. The red axe saber deactivated and became nothing more then a silver hilt as it rolled along the ground. Athena pointed her saber at Kali's throat, the white saber was hot and Kali could feel the heat fanning onto her skin. "Yield." Athena commanded. "Or what?" Kali said with a chuckle. "You'll kill me?" Athena didn't answer. She only kept her blade pointed at the throat of her former friend. "You can't kill me." Kali teased, pushing Athena to her limits. Athena had enough. She brought the blade back and in one swift movement she brought her fist to Kali's face instead, knocking her onto her back. Kali groaned as she hit the ground, several feet from Athena. She brought a hand up to her now bleeding nose. "Give me time." Athena muttered but it was loud enough for Kali to hear. She looked up to see the grey eyes of her friend narrowed onto her. But her expression was the most terrifying thing she had ever seen. At their last battle, Athena had looked at Kali as if there was still hope of redemption. To save her soul. Now she looked at her as if she was the very thing she was going to destroy. And it scared Kali, it terrified her to the core. Athena wasn't her friend anymore, and given enough time she would end her if she had to.

Kali struggled to her feet and turned to her remaining droid troops. "Fall back!" She ordered, her voice sounded panicked and scared. "Retreat!" She added before turning to look at Athena one more time. Athena's cold gaze didn't waver and Kali took that as a sign to leave. The battle was over and so was their friendship. Bridges had been burned and friends had gone to war, one bad and one good. But as they say, demons run when a good man goes to war. So when a good woman goes to war, she moves heaven and earth with every step. At the sight of the droid army retreating, Athena un-fused with her kyber crystal and the light of the Angel instantly left her body. She put a hand to her head and her knees became weak. "Athena? Hey, are you okay?" Fives said as he instantly came to her side, he put a hand on her shoulder and the Angel looked up at him. "I think so. Just tired." She added with a half smile. Fusing with the crystal took a lot of energy, and every time she did it so far she was always extremely weak afterwards. Fives noticed this. "C'mon, let's get you to bed so you can rest. You've had a busy day, princess." He said and Athena nodded.

"Thank you, Fives." Athena said as the clone lead her to her room. He had kept his arm around her the whole walk, watching over her and making sure she didn't trip or fall. He nodded when she thanked him. "Athena," He began before he left her, he turned to her and removed his helmet as his eyes met hers. "Did you mean what you said to me, before the battle?" He asked. She had never heard him ask something so sincere and serious. Fives, traditionally, wasn't a serious man. He was a man of daring individuality and bold actions. He would joke around from time to time and tease her, but this was a side to the soldier she hadn't seen ever. "About what?" Athena asked, tilting her head to one side like a confused little puppy. The two said a lot to each other before the fight, she was going to need a little more clarification then that. "When I brought you inside after that girl - Kali - showed up." He said and Athena tried to remember what he was talking about. "Oh..." She said as she thought back, retracing her words and steps mentally. Then it hit her. "Oh." Her cheeks flushed pink. "Well," She began, her voice trailing off as she tried to think of the perfect way to for her thoughts into words. "Yeah." Fives traced his own fingers over his lips as he remembered the exchange the two had before the battle. "And you kissed me." He added, his voice sounded dazed and lost in thought. Athena, now became worried. "Fives I'm sorry if I-" she didn't get to finish her sentence. Fives had moved to wrap his arms around her waist and lean down to kiss her, finally returning her kiss she had given him hours earlier. Athena was shocked at first but slowly melted into his arms. She realized just how tired she was and she felt so limp and weak. When their exchange finally broke Athena pressed her forehead against his, her eyes closed. "I love you." She breathed before opening her grey eyes to look into his. "I know." The clone said with a smirk down at her.

𝔼ℕ𝔻 𝕆𝔽 𝔸ℂ𝕋 𝕋𝕎𝕆

{ A/N }

Thank you for reading till the end of the second act! Act three will drop next Friday!