✨𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖✨

• Behave •

 "You have got to be joking

"You have got to be joking." Fives said in protest to his captain who told them the plan to retrieve the abducted clones. "That separatist is not coming with us. The council would never allow it." He added. "I don't know. She seemed pretty nice to me." Jesse cut in. "And she's nice to look at." Hardcase added with the shouts of several other clones agreeing with him. It wasn't often the men got to work up close with an "eligible" woman who was visibly pleasing. As toxic as that may seem, the clones were lonely men fighting what seemed to be an endless war. They had their reasons to possess the smallest bit of Toxic masculinity, it doesn't excuse it but it does explain it. "All of you, shut up." Rex ordered and the clones of the 501st were quick to silence themselves. "I will not have you all sensualize the Jedi's new warrior." Rex added and some of the men groaned as they tried to get over risque thoughts and ideas of the young Angel. "What's going on here?" A voice intervened into the 501st's meeting and Rex turned to see Ahsoka followed by Athena herself, the woman of the hour. Rex smiled at the sight of Ahsoka, his long time friend and the padawan he trusted the most. "Commander Tano." He said with respect and a salute. "I was just telling the men of the 501st the council's decision on the mission and giving them their rules and regulations." he said before turning back to his men and giving them a sharp look that read "Behave in front of the girls or else." And the men did so, all the men except for Fives. His individuality is what made him question the absolute bizarre nature of the republic harboring a former separatist. Someone who was part of such vile plots should not have been allowed such kindness, or at least that's what he thought. "I still don't see why we are bringing her along." He sneered as he pointed at Athena. "Fives!" Rex hissed at the out of line soldier. "No, it's alright." Athena persisted as she pushed his finger away from pointing at her. "He's just upset that he got his butt kicked by a girl yesterday." She said with a smirk and several of the men started to laugh. "Ouch." Ahsoka said with a giggle. "Anyways," Ahsoka continued, the moment now past, "We will see you all in the morning as we leave for this mission. You all better rest well, including you Captain." She told them all. "Yes ma'am." The clones chorused. "You know me, Commander." Rex began with a chuckle. "I never sleep."

It was the night before the mission and one thing was laying heavy on Athena's mind. Her mother's lightsaber. If she was expected to go on a mission tomorrow with soldiers and Jedi alike she had to have a fully functional weapon at her aid. The only problem was she couldn't figure out how to operate the damn thing. She sat on her bed and held it in her hands, the uniquely shaped hilt glistened softly in the dim lighting. She looked for a button to ignite it but there wasn't one. Maybe there was a password? "Angel." She muttered under her breath. Nothing. "Jedi." She tried again, still nothing. "Uh chosen?" Nothing. "Jedi Order?" Still nothing. Maybe it reacted to movement like in battle. She began swinging the empty hilt around, hoping something would happen. "Swoosh. Ptchew. Swing. swish ." She said, narrating the sound effects. Ahsoka looked up from tampering with her own lightsabers, a confused look on her face. "What are you doing?" She asked with a raised brow. "In all honesty," Athena began to reply, "I have no idea." She said as she looked down at the hilt. "Are you trying to get your saber to work?" She asked and slowly Athena nodded. Ahsoka giggled softly. "Well you're never going to get it to work that way." She said as she set down her lightsaber hilts and walked over to her. "Let me see." She said and Athena handed her the hilt. Ahsoka studied it for a moment, The design seemed to puzzle her. "I haven't seen a lightsaber designed like this ever." She said as she studied it. "It seems ancient. But it's definitely still functional. Strange." She said before handing it back to Athena. "I have no idea how it works, you got me." She added, admitting the schematics of the hilt were far beyond her knowledge. "Maybe you can figure it out tomorrow, it's getting late anyways." "Yeah, you're right." Athena said as she placed the blade on bed side table. "I'll figure it out tomorrow."

"