✨𝕊𝕚𝕩✨

• The Angel •

 "So Rexy, who's the girl?" Fives asked, approaching the captain with the other men of the 501st who had watched the intense combat fight between the two

"So Rexy, who's the girl?" Fives asked, approaching the captain with the other men of the 501st who had watched the intense combat fight between the two. "Yeah and why was she in handcuffs? Kinda kinky don't you think?" Jesse added and the men laughed. Rex shook his head. "You mean the separatist?" Rex asked with a grin and all the men instantly grew silent. "I mean, the ex-separatist." He added and he could feel the wave of relief over the 501st legion. "She's some kind of special warrior grade Jedi." Rex began explaining. "I don't know the whole story and neither does Skywalker, so he told me all he knew." Fives scoffed. "She didn't seem like much of a Jedi. But she also didn't seem to have a problem kicking your ass." He added and the men chuckled with him. "All I know is she has Jedi training for the rest of the day with Kenobi and then tomorrow she'll come back for a rematch." The men chuckled again. "Yeah, good luck."

"So," Athena began as she sat across from the Jedi General, Obi-Wan Kenobi, "Are you gonna teach me to use a lightsaber, or like the force?" Kenobi sighed. "No." He replied flatly and Athena looked at him with confusion. "What do you mean no? Isn't that what you Jedi are all about?" She asked and Obi-Wan merely chuckled. "I'm getting the feeling you don't know much about the true nature of Jedi." "Look, all I know is what I was taught and that was that the Jedi were evil and corrupt knights of the republic." Obi-Wan shook his head in disappointment. "You couldn't be more wrong and blinded, young one. I will teach you all you need to know but before you can even touch a saber you need to know the history, specifically your History." Athena narrowed her eyes. The council had mentioned a lot about her past indirectly when they addressed what to do with her. "Athena, you are a direct descendant of one of the first Jedi to exist and learn to use the force. However, your ancestor was a special kind of Jedi. She existed in a time of great need for the Jedi when the Sith were battling with them once more. Diana, your ancestor, was chosen to take on a great burden and save the Jedi. She did this by infusing herself with a Kyber crystal. It was extremely dangerous but gave her amazing power. She sacrificed her life for the Jedi Order and thus she was given the name 'The Jedi Angel' and her legacy was passed down from generation to generation. You mother Minerva was the last known Jedi Angel and she perished on a mighty battle on the planet of Agamar years ago. Most Jedi thought she was a myth, the Jedi Angel. So did I, until now." Athena listened with wide eyes, she had never known anything about her family or her past. The academy did a good job of keeping that from her. Now she knew why. "But how do you know it's me? How do you know that I am a part of this 'Jedi Angel' legacy or whatever?" Obi-Wan sighed. "You Carry her sword. The legend states, that when the next Jedi Angel arises she will carry the sword of the first. She alone will stand against the Sith and the darkness."

"This- it's well-" Obi-Wan sighed, resting his fingers on his chin. "It's a lot, I'm sorry Athena." He said in comforting manor. "I think that will be all for today, you need time to take it all in." He said, putting a hand on her shoulder and she nodded. "Master Yoda did want to speak with you, however and show you a few things." He said, "I will take you to him."

"Brought the Angel to me you have." Yoda said as he saw Athena being led by Obi-Wan. "Come with me, you will. Much to discuss we have." Yoda said as he led her away and Obi-Wan left for master Yoda to explain whatever it was he needed to. "To the Jedi Archives we must go. Much for you to see down there, there is." Yoda said before leading the way into a large room that seemed much like an old library. There was one central walkway that was surrounded by rows and rows of information of all kinds. The ceiling was high and lined with majestic arches that gave the space an antique and sophisticated feel. Yoda turned a corner and began walking down a stair case that seemed as if it had not been visited - or cleaned- in ages. There were cobwebs that surrounded boxes and crates that hadn't been touched in a long long time. Shelves of books and scrolls were lined with dust and the minimal lighting seemed to flicker every passing second. "This place, forgotten by time it is." Yoda said, walking over to a wooden box. "Yeah no kidding." Athena muttered as she took in the sight before letting out a slight sneeze from the dust in the air. "However, these artifacts to you they belong." Yoda said and Athena noticed he was gesturing to a wooden crate almost as big as he was. On the lid of the box was a dusty silver plating with an inscription she couldn't read, for the dust had hidden it from view. She took the notion that Yoda wanted her to read it so she used her sleeve to polish it and remove the dust as best she could. Once it was legible again she read it aloud. "Property of the Jedi Angel."