Pain

Amelia's POV:

Dad moves my hand, directing it to Atlas's chest. His skin is delightfully warm under my hands, radiating a welcoming heat. The desire to lick his chest and feel the heat of his flesh against my tongue sparks. Now is not the time for such things though, Atlas is being punished.

"Close your eyes, Amelia. Just feel for a moment." Dad presses my hand over Atlas's heart, holding my hand there for a moment. Atlas' heart thumps erratically against my hand, indicating just how scared he is for this punishment. "Tell me what you feel."

I crouch down next to him, leaning against his side as I obey my father, focusing on the beating of Atlas' heart.

"His heart... I feel his heart beating."

Dad hums and runs a hand over my head. "Before you ever start a punishment, remind yourself what it is you have before you, Amelia. Atlas is a living, breathing, feeling person. He is human and will undoubtedly feel pain and a mix of emotions from every punishment you deliver. You must always remember this and the precious life you have in your hands."

I nod tearfully, the weight of punishment falling heavy on my shoulders.

Dad was right to ask if I could handle this punishment. Even though I know Atlas needs and wants it, it is hard for my heart not to hurt at the thought of causing him such a deep pain.

"Alright, Atlas. Hands on the floor again. Keep you chin tucked to your chest, alright?" Dad instructs, letting me get up and try to compose myself. Tears glimmer in my eyes, but I refuse to let them fall yet.

When I hurt him, when I start to hear him cry, that is when I know I will not be able to withhold my tears. For now I can be strong, he should be the one to break down and he is being the strong one right now.

Atlas assumes the appropriate position and I check clearance of everything, uncoiling the whip in my hand. It falls to the floor with a light thud, making Atlas straighten up. "Head down, Atlas," I remind him, utterly terrified something will go wrong and I could hit the back of his head.

I dab at my eyes to remove the moisture there. I know I can not afford to be weak in this moment. I need to be strong, hold myself together. I did so much to assure him that everything would be okay and that it isn't as bad as it seems.

"How many is he getting, Amelia?" Dad prompts softly. Me and him already talked. We had decided fifty. I don't think I can actually do it now. Hitting a teddy bear fifty times was much different than hitting a person, especially, your submissive.

"Forty." Dad knows that isn't what we had said earlier, but he just nods his approval and I get the suspicion he knew that I would back off a bit when it actually came down to things.

"Yes, Mistress."

With a shaky breath I pull the whip back, having it crack before bringing it down upon him. The muscles in his back flex before he relaxes, making no sound besides his heavy breathing. A dark red mark is left on his back about six inches in length. It didn't break the skin, so I know I am doing this right.

I crack it again as I bring it down on him once again. He lurches forward a bit, his body flexing again at the pain, but he makes no sound. If it was not for the heaviness of his panting, I would think he was not breathing at all.

It makes me feel a little better knowing that this is not causing him unimaginable pain. He seems to handle it well although I am sure it does have a bad bite to it.

Another calculated blow has his stomach dropping towards the floor, almost in a low bow. He lets out a pained whine at the strike before going back to his panting.