Golf

Atlas's POV:

I rub at my eyes, looking up to give my eyes a break from my textbook.

"How is studying going, Atlas?" Weston asks, making my head snap in his direction.

I blink dumbly at him, unsure when it was he sat in the living room and started to read with me.

My father and I were allowed to read sometimes if it was books my mother approved, but we weren't allowed to read on the sofas, especially if she was there reading.

"Good, Sir," I answer uneasily, unsure if I'm about to get a scolding or not. After a couple days ago when Mistress found me sleeping on the floor outside her room, she had been having me read at night out here.

This is the first time she has had me study out here before late at night when everyone else is asleep.

"Is Amelia taking good care of you?" he questions calmly, putting his bookmark in.

I straighten at the question, knowing the danger in it.

"Yes. Yes, Mistress is very good to me. I'm so very grateful," I continue, my chest tightening as he gives me a grim smile.

"You look tired, Atlas." I swallow hard at his observation, not knowing how to reply to this. "I know you're coming up on finals, but your health is more important.

"You know that. Right, Atlas? Your mistress's concern is your health first... Do you think you won't pass your finals?"

I nod at his first question, fiddling nervously with the pages of my textbook.

"I know I will. I want to make my mistress proud... and I want to pass my medical licensing exam quickly for her too," I admit.

He hums and my heartbeat only accelerates as his judgment rises.

Does he think I am ungrateful for everything Mistress does for me?

Does he think I am not serving Mistress good enough?

"When is it that you will be taking your medical exams?" he questions curiously.

Is he wondering when I will be able to pay Mistress back for my debt and sale price?

"I-I don't know, Sir. Whenever Mistress tells me to."

He smiles softly at me now.

"Am I making you nervous, Atlas?"

"Yes, Sir."

"I apologize. I don't mean to make you nervous, Atlas. You and I just haven't talked much and I would love to get to know you better."

I stare at him in silence, unsure what to say.

"...Know me, Sir?"

"You are my daughter's husband, Atlas... I know you're busy with finals, but perhaps after your graduation we could all go golfing, you me and Toby?"

"...Really?" I ask before I can stop myself.

He laughs. "Of course, Atlas. Why not?"

"Well, I just... you and Toby are... are..."

"Dominants?" He fills in and I blush. "I run my house much differently than what it seems how you were raised..."

"Yes, Sir."

"Eden practices submissive duties around the house, but her and Hannah have more freedom than most submissives to do what they want inside and outside of the house.

"Eden doesn't want the freedom Hannah desires, but that is another story. The point is that although Eden in this house takes on a more traditional role, I do my best to not segregate her as a submissive from Toby or Amelia.