Atlas

Atlas's POV:

Be strong Atlas!

My knees knock together in fear, a chill filling me.

The financial aid assistant purses her lips tightly, glaring at me from over the brim of her glasses.

I want to vomit. I can't handle that look.

"You're behind on tuition payments, Atlas."

"Yes, Ma'am. I-I sent an email a couple of weeks ago. I-I'm still working on getting the money—"

"You've been given three extension dates already, Atlas. We are going to withhold your degree and you won't graduate if you don't get the money by the end of the week."

"No!" She narrows her eyes at me for my outburst and I gulp, my heart pounding in my chest. "I-I meant please don't, Ma'am. I-I'm doing everything I can. I'll get another job, do research for the school. What can I do?"

The woman sighs, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose. She turns to the computer, typing away again.

I wring my hands in my lap, trying not to cry.

I want my old financial aid officer back. This new one just doesn't understand.

"It says you already have work study and it appears you are already maxed out on the hours you can legally work, so that's not an option. You've been making payments just fine until last Fall...oh."

"The university dropped my scholarships..." I explain shamefully. Tears prick my eyes in embarrassment.

I know I shouldn't be embarrassed. It wasn't like I had bad academic standing or anything, it just turns out they had thought I was a dominant when they gave it to me. When they went through to audit, I guess they realized it was an error and retracted the offer.

I should be thankful they aren't making me pay back the scholarship amount.

"I see... have you applied for loans?"

No one in their right mind would loan money to a submissive.

"Do you have any family that could help with your payments? You are so close to graduating..." The woman is much nicer to me now that she realizes I am a submissive and not some irresponsible dominant.

"No, Ma'am. You're positive I can't work anymore hours? There isn't any exceptions?"

"No, Atlas. There is one scholarship you could apply for—wait, never mind. Sorry, Atlas. There just aren't scholarships for submissives."

"Am I going to be dropped?" I feel pathetic, sitting here about to cry in front of a stranger. I can't help it though. I've given up so much to pursue my dream of becoming a doctor and it's all about to be taken away.

"... You've already received three extensions. The payment needs to be made by the end of the week, Atlas."

"Alright... thank you, Ma'am."

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you, Atlas."

I smile, trying to keep my tears back as I stand. I'm shaking like a leaf and my skin tingles as panic starts to fill me.

I'm going to get kicked out of college with no degree and therefor no way to pay back this massive debt.

All I wanted was to get a good job, help people and be able to provide for my future mistress. I am not only about to be homeless, evicted from my shared apartment, but I also have this massive debt that no mistress will ever want to be saddled with, no matter how good of a sub I am.