Aftercare

Amelia's POV:

I crack my back, wincing as it pops.

How does Atlas do this all the time?

I feel like curling up under the bed and just sleeping. I don't think I've ever been this sore before.

"Did you hurt your shoulder last night?" Dad asks, seeing me try to rub at my neck.

I blush a bit, the reality of my soreness more taboo. If I was sore from whipping Atlas that wouldn't be nearly as embarrassing.

"Uh just sore I think..."

Atlas didn't use any real bondage I suppose, so it wasn't like he hurt me, I guess I'm just not used to being restrained. Having my arms above my head during play sure hurts more than I thought it would.

Father hums, him brows furrowing. I suppose dominants aren't usually the sore ones after a scene, so my state is quite peculiar.

Maybe he and mom have switched before, maybe he knows?

"Well what did you do to get it sore?" Father ponders aloud, beckoning me over.

I hesitate before obeying his unspoken command, letting him look at my shoulders.

"Your joints are a little swollen. I'd have Atlas massage you out. I always have to massage your mother every time I..." Father cuts himself off, his brows raising.

"Every time your tie her up," I finish for him bashfully, not wanting the ambiguity of his statement to create more awkwardness.

"Oh." Father says, seeming surprised.

"You and Mom never switch... do you?" I question softly, shame starting to fill me. Of course other dominants wouldn't switch with their submissives. Roles were established for a reason.

"No, not really... but that's just because we both like it that way... Are you okay?" Father questions, pushing a strand of hair from my face. "Did Atlas pressure you into..."

I shake my head.

"I surprised him and we had a good time... that's not bad, right?"

Father makes a face.

"If you both enjoyed your time? Why would that be bad? You know your Aunt Birdie and Uncle Ethan switch sometimes."

"Does that mean we're switches? I mean, I liked it because he was into it, but he was really into topping me and—"

"So what if you're both switches, Amelia? Maybe you both are, maybe not? Does it change things if you're switches?" Dad asks, making me frown.

For me... if I was a switch and he wasn't, nothing would really change.

"If he is, it would..." I admit, feeling guilty for not liking the idea of him being a switch.

"That boy loves you, Amelia. What would it change? He wouldn't leave you?"

"True... but I like being a mistress, his mistress. If I'm not that, I don't know what I am..." I admit.

"Well, you're still his wife..."

I know that, but our relationship is defined by our roles and if those change, I don't know how our relationship will work.

Being topped in bed sometimes is different than your submissive clamming a different role.

"There is a lot of gaps between being his wife and his mistress though. Maybe I shouldn't have encouraged it at all," I admit, growing nervous now.

What if he really is a switch? No, he doesn't want to be a stay-at-home submissive, and I'm fine with that, but if he's a switch and decides to change his legal classification to a dominant... what does that mean financially? Do I have to give up my title of ownership of him? Will he want to be a dominant in our relationship too?