Choices

Amelia's POV:

"Bed time, Eden. No," Toby scolds, trying to help Eden get ready for bed.

"No!" Eden cries on the floor in a full out melt down. Toby looks between Eden and Dad, seeing if he will step in. Dad just watches, letting Toby handle the situation.

"Eden, I know you're tired. Just let me pick you up," Toby says, trapping her arms at her side and hoisting her up as she kicks and screams, fighting like a toddler.

"I-I'm not tired," she cries.

"Well, you don't have to go to bed, we can just lay down for a bit then," Toby tells her gently, not phased by her melt down. She whimpers and whines, struggling in his arms as he carries her up the stairs.

Atlas silently follows behind me, hesitantly eyeing Eden.

"Amelia, will you please help Eden out of her dress?" Toby asks as he places a squirming Eden down on her bed.  Eden looks to me with pouty lips and swollen eyes.

"I don't want to take it off..." Eden whispers as I come over to undo the back of her dress.

"I know. You look so beautiful in your princess gown," I tell Eden, unzipping the back of her dress, moving to pull out a night gown for her. I glance back at Atlas, seeing his back turned to us as he kneels in a proper waiting position.

"Promise we can wear our princess gowns again?" Eden asks me, playing with the long draping fabric that matches her dress.

"I promise. You just let me know when we are going to wear them and we can match again," I assure her. She takes the night gown from me and stands, waiting for me and Atlas to leave before she fully gets changed.

"You handled the situation wonderfully. You kept an even tone and didn't let her escalate the situation. It was great, Toby. Just be carful when you pick her up that you don't hurt her.

"I know she was fighting and squirming, but you have to remember that you're much stronger than her. You don't want to accidently hurt her," Father explains, going over how Toby had handled Eden.

Atlas follows me silently, his hands folded behind his back and his head bowed.

Is he always like this?

I can see teachers and medical professionals being very tough on him for being so reserved and submissive outside of his house.

I look to the clock, taking note of the late hour.

"Do you have a phone?"

"No, Mistress." I should have known he wouldn't. Upon leaving, the only thing he had to grab was a casual set of clothing that he had brought to cook in before the event.

"You may use mine. Ten minutes should suffice for you to call and tell your guardian that you have been bought and will not be coming home tonight?" It is more of a statement than a question, but he agrees with me.

"Thank you, Mistress. That is very gracious of you." I nod and leave him alone in my room to make his phone call.

"Amelia." I turn to see my father. "I know you have signed Atlas's title of ownership, but he isn't wearing your collar yet..." I smile, knowing my father would bring this up.

"I know you're an adult, but you know how I feel about sex before collaring. I trust you will respect my wishes even though you and him are technically already bound?"

"Yes. I promise we won't do anything tonight... except for maybe kiss, but I know you aren't concerned about that..."

He nods, relaxing a bit. "Kissing and cuddling is perfectly acceptable for a couple whom is not yet bound together officially by the exchanging of a collar. Me and your mother spent several nights in bed together before I collared her and although it was tempting at time, hands never wandered.