Talk

Atlas's POV:

Mistress straddles my back humming happily as a resounding crack echoes in the living room from my back.

I wince, relaxing again as she backs off a bit.

"Do you think Johnathan would like my blue dress or my pink one better?" Eden asks, propping her head into my view.

"Blue," I answer without much thought.

"Are you sure?" Eden questions.

"Eden, let him relax," Mistress chastens as Eden holds up the two dresses for me to look at again.

"He's still relaxing. You think the pink makes me look too young?" Eden continues.

"...It makes you look more like a little."

"What's wrong with that?" Eden asks with a frown.

"Nothing is, but you want to look older if you're meeting his other charges, don't you? You're not their stepmother, but you somewhat will be," I remind her.

"Well... I suppose. I don't like that term... stepmother. They are... my sisters in laws... well potentially," Eden backtracks.

"You aren't going to accept his proposal?" Mistress cuts in, making Eden pause.

We catch one another's gaze, remembering Eden only told me about her concerns.

"Well... I need to talk to daddy," Eden finally answers.

"If you don't like Johnathan like that, it's okay, Eden. Dad isn't going to be upset at all. He'll speak with Johnathan. You don't have to," Mistress assures her twin.

"No, no... I... that isn't the issue. I don't think Johnathan could pay my bride price..." Eden admits quietly as to make sure her parents aren't around.

I can't see Mistress's face, but I can tell from the tense silence that she feels sourly about this information.

"I know it's meant to be a bar to show that my dominant can provide for me or has the means to provide for me, but he has three charges to take care of too.

"I know I wouldn't have the life like I have now, but I'm okay with that. He would still take care of me and such, but I just maybe wouldn't get spa days as often or get to go shopping with such a large budget. I know daddy spoils me," Eden rambles.

"I mean... I didn't purchase Atlas... I still can take care of him, maybe not financially on my own like is typical, but a submissive's sale price isn't everything," Mistress finally says.

She still sounds displeased with the idea, but I can tell she is trying to comfort her sister.

"Exactly... I just don't know if daddy will see it the same way," Eden whispers.

"Are you going to talk to Dad? You don't think Johnathan will?" Mistress asks.

"I...I don't know for sure about Johnathan's financial circumstances, but I... I don't want Daddy to turn him away if he can't afford me. If I talk to Daddy now before Johnathan approaches him, he may be willing to drop my price."

Despite Mistress's best effort a tut of disapproval leaves her at the suggestion.

"Mommy doesn't even think my dominant should have to pay for me," Eden squeaks out, growing nervous and flighty under a dominants disapproval even if it's her sister.

"I know, Ede," Mistress replies, leaving it at that.

"You think I should pursue another dominant," Eden says sadly, trying to understand Amelia's desire.

"I didn't say that."

"It's what you didn't say. You don't like him."

"I didn't say that either... He is... not what I expected you would be attracted to, but he seems... good for you too," Mistress says carefully.

I remain quiet, enjoying my massage despite the conversation Eden and Amelia have around me.

Footsteps echo down the hall and we all perk up, turning to see Mr. Astor entering.

"Amelia? Did you go grocery shopping?" her father asks.

"Me and Atlas went this morning. He received his first paycheck yesterday, so consider this as a thank you," Mistress chimes proudly, running her fingers through my hair at the mentioning of me.

"Atlas, you two didn't have to do that. Thank you," Mr. Astor says, coming to kiss Mistress head before his hand drops to pat my head tenderly.

"We wanted to. We appreciate everything you and mom do for us," Mistress assures.

"Everything we do for you? Atlas has been doing almost everything around here for your mother. She's been so grateful to have some time to work these last two weeks, someone gave her some tight deadlines," Dad pokes fun of himself , scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

Mistress laughs, knowing exactly whose fault those tight deadlines have been.

"If you have time today though, Dad. I was hoping you and me could discuss the division of chores around the house," Mistress finally says, making me wince.

I sit up on my elbows, guilt welling up in me again at the mention of this topic.

I should be able to take care of all of it. I just need time.

If she just gave me more time...

"Of course. I apologize for your mother's business, I'll make sure to pick up her tasks again or make sure she can tend to them. Has Atlas been doing too much?" Mr. Astor questions.

Mistress hesitates and I realize she hesitates to have this conservation around Eden.

"Ede, love. Will you please give us a few minutes," Mr. Astor asks his daughter sweetly, earning a small nod before she runs off.

Mistress gets off my back, letting me sit up with her.

I take her hand into mine, silently begging her to just let this go.

"Atlas is working a lot now and is attending to all his submissive duties as well... but out of concern for his health, I think it is his best interest if we split some of his homely duties," Mistress admits tactfully.

"I can do it," I protest quietly, but neither dominant spares me a glance.

"Of course. You and I can certainly review and assess all the homely tasks and reassign duties. Things have been going well with Johnathan and I think it would be good for us to shift duties from Eden so she can focus on the future.

"I think it's time Toby starts to take over some more duties around the house appropriate for a dominant. With all the changes in the house, I think it's long overdue," Mr. Astor assures.

I glance to Mistress, but she also ignores me, giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

"Thank you, Daddy. We both really appreciate it... Atlas is struggling with the decision a bit, but I assured him I don't mind... and that not all dominants feel like their submissive is less worthy because they don't do it all," Mistress admits.

My toes curl at her mentioning me and I just want to die inside as Mr. Astor's gaze switches to me.

"Although we often don't like to acknowledge it, human limits affect dominants and submissives the same. In the same way that dominants can't do anything, although sometimes you're taught that you should do everything, you can't and there is nothing shameful about that.

"Thank goodness you have a mistress that knows that and wants to make sure your well-being comes first. We are a family, all of us, so we will all work together and do what needs to get done," Mr. Astor promises.

Mistress leans to peck my head and I only nod, averting my gaze.