Feeding the Masochist

Amelia's POV:

I watch quietly as Atlas dons his scrubs.

I know now how I must have looked on my first day. Although he makes great effort to be calm and composed, his jaw is set tight in a hardness that he only has when he's stressed.

"I'm proud of you, Atlas..."

His eyes move to me in the mirror and for a moment the hardness in his expression falls to something much more vulnerable.

"Thank you, Mistress..."

I nod, silently observing him as he turns to face me.

I softly gesture to the floor in front of me, inviting his submission despite his attempts to appear a dominant.

His hesitation hurts me for a moment, but I know in his mind Atlas feels he needs to set aside his submissive side usually when he is in his scrubs.

Despite his hesitation though, once he falls to his knees, he quickly sinks into protocol. His posture was lazy at first, but I don't correct him, letting him have a moment to shift into proper positioning.

We both relish the position for a moment, him comforted by it and myself pleased.

I didn't have a plan to relieve him from the position for a few minutes, but he has other ideas.

My brow raises involuntarily in almost a challenge.

He has better training than to relieve himself of a position I commanded.

Atlas is aware of this, hesitating after a moment, freezing in his knelt position, his hands uncrossed from behind his back now.

His gaze still remains downcast, respectful as it should be.

Atlas's behavior intrigues me, leading me to contemplate my next move.

He must feel confident in his decision because after short contemplation, he moves again.

His gaze reaches to meet mine finally just as he lowers himself down to the floor.

Uncrossing my feet, I let him direct my legs over him so he is curled up under my legs on the floor.

This position is much more intimate than when he was kneeling.

Leaning down, I run my fingers through his hair, admiring my submissive now as he peers up at me with such vulnerability.

I asked for his submission in a knelt position, but he handed me so much more.

My poor submissive needed this more than I had thought.

"Are you going to wear your collar today?" I question my submissive gently.

I had been so mad when I found out at first he hadn't been wearing his collar at work.

Now I see how nervous he is though and if it would comfort him to not have to wear his collar today, I would allow it.

"Of course, Mistress... I learned my lesson," Atlas assures almost worriedly, reaching to caress my calves, curling toward me more.

"I meant if it would make you feel better... maybe just for your first couple days, you wouldn't have to wear it..." I admit, pondering aloud.

"I want my collar, Mistress..."

"I would like to tighten your collar a notch. What do you think about that?" If he thinks his collar would be comforting, I think he would like it a little tighter to remind him of how much I love and support him.