Surprise

Amelia's POV:

The garage door slams behind me. I shrug off my purse, skipping into the arms of my submissive as he turns. He still wears an apron, busy finishing dinner and setting the table.

He was supposed to go see Doctor Hartman today, but perhaps he just got too nervous and didn't go.

He seems in a good mood though, so I won't bring it up in fear of upsetting him.

"Hello, Beloved."

"Hello, Love. What is the occasion? Dinner smells delicious?" I question, straightening out a fork on one of the place settings.

A sly smile covers his lips and I tilt my head at him in suspicion.

Did he go to Dr. Hartman's today?

As if he knows what I'm thinking he just shrugs coyly, going back to finish setting the table.

He has a secret and I'm almost positive I know what it is.

"Atlas! What are you doing? You were supposed to wait for me. I was going to help," Eden pouts, rushing into the dining room, all done up again.

"Toby said you would be a little while longer and I knew Mistress would be home soon," he says, gesturing to me, handing over the rest of the silverware for her to finish setting the table. "Sorry, Eden."

She leans up and pecks his cheek. "It's alright. Do I look alright?" She questions, looking between me and Atlas.

It has been a week since Eden's meeting with Johnathan. I'm sure Dad had more prospective dominants for her to meet had she not liked Johnathan, but after the meeting went so well, he has been the only conversation.

"Is he coming over for dinner?" I don't have to clarify who I mean, Eden shakes her head, well aware I mean her prospective dominant.

"He won't be eating, but he will be coming over later. Daddy said we can sit and talk on the back porch," Eden explains, smoothing her dress down.

"Has he called you since you last met?" Atlas questions. I'm sure Eden has been talking his ear off about Johnathan all week, eager to get his advise concerning catching a dominant.

"No. Do you think he is second guessing things? I mean, it was only one meeting, hardly a commitment—"

"He is probably just busy, Eden. He has his sisters to take care of and a business to run. It would hardly be appropriate too for him to be calling all the time and such too after only your first meeting.

"He called to meet tonight, didn't he? He wouldn't waste his time finding someone to watch his siblings so he could come over if he was second guessing," I comfort.

"You're right. Of course you're right," Eden murmurs, starting to pace.

I roll my eyes at her, finding it ridiculous how worried she is. She doesn't need this Johnathan, she could have much more handsome and rich dominants crawling at her feet if she put her mind too it.

My sweet twin though was head over heels for Johnathan despite his quiet, awkward and almost nerdy personality.

Eden gushed all week about how he had explained to her all the different types of plant species he grew and all their scientific names.

Thinking about it now, I realize Dad and Johnathan have a lot more in common than one would think. Dad is always more quiet and patient than most dominants, happy to shrink into the background while most dominants fight over the spotlight.

Dad was... smooth in social settings, but may be perceived to be awkward by others because of his introverted nature. And dad was quiet nerdy at times, perhaps that's just his dad persona, but he was nerdy to us as his kids.