4

Orange and yellow, in numerous different shades, were floating gracefully on the soft breeze

Orange and yellow, in numerous different shades, were floating gracefully on the soft breeze. It was as if a friendly hand was gently lowering them to the ground. Whispers and mutters between these leaves filled the air. It is cold, like a refreshing drink of cool water after hours in a desert.

Autumn was Delilah's second favorite season after winter, she loved autumn and while she was looking out from her bedroom window early in the morning of the 1st of September and saw how the leaves had turned a shade darker and how cold was outside compared to the other years, she knew this year will be different.

A war was coming, Voldemort was getting stronger and stronger and man was she afraid. She wasn't scared for herself, well not so much but she knew that her closest friends along with her brother will join the order once they graduate, and then their lives will be in danger.

She knew they wanted this, they knew what they were getting themselves into but she was still afraid.

Call her a coward and selfish for saying this but she didn't want them to risk so much. She knew Voldemort was a threat but she also knew that she couldn't live without them or with the idea that she wasn't there to protect them.

She kept all these thoughts to herself and proceeded to go downstairs to have breakfast with the others.

Monica had left the house about one week ago, so she could spend some time with her mum and her parents had gotten here about the same time as Monica left, so they could spend some time with their four children and talk about their summer and about how the school started soon.

As she was walking down the stairs she could hear Remus shouting at James for taking his chocolate and she could imagine her mum and dad shaking their heads at them.

One thing she knew was that her parents always considered Remus and Sirius her children. They all went to Diagon Alley together every year to get the school supplies and when Remus' mother couldn't drop him off at the platform her parents would always offer him to come with them and Sirius.

"Morning," she said with a yawn walking into the kitchen and taking a seat at the table. "You are still wearing the badge?!"

Did she forget to mention that one week prior their letters from Hogwarts came with the book lists and inside her brother's letter was a red HeadBoy badge?

She and Remus were also selected as prefects but it wasn't a surprise since both were Prefects for the past one and two years.

On the other hand, when James received a red badge everyone was surprised. Fucking Everyone. He couldn't even believe it himself until he saw the letter Dumbledore had written to him with the responsibilities of his title and more information about them.

"Yes, I am," He stated proudly and Delilah rolled her eyes.

Her brother and his stupid ego.

"He is still wearing the badge?" Asked Sirius with a laugh, "you know James, you don't have to hide the fact that you blackmailed Dumbledore to give you the title of the HeadBoy," he added and Delilah smirked at him knowing exactly what he was doing.

The past week was full of Sirius, Remus, and Delilah making fun of James for making HeadBoy. They knew James was smart, his Owls were almost excellent, but it still was fun watching him get frustrated at them and then storm off to the kitchen to tell Euphemia that the others were making fun of him.

"Could you please cut this shit?!" He glared at them. "I know it's fun watching me getting frustrated but it's getting rather annoying," he added and went to the living room to get his trunk so they could leave for King Cross station.

They all followed suit and went to grab their trunks, the boys apparated quickly together while Delilah apparated with her parents. They arrived at the platform and quickly went to cross the barrier.

Euphemia and Fleamont went first the Sirius and Remus together then it was James' turn but a hand grabbed his arm and he spun around and faced his little sister.

"What do you want? We need to cross the barrier." He stated and went to turn around again but he stopped when his sister's arms were wrapped around his waist and her face was buried in his chest

"Look, I didn't want to upset you about the whole 'HeadBoy' thing. I and the boys just thought it will be funny, I am proud of you for getting the title of the HeadBoy and I know you will do a fucking good job at it," she looked up at him with a proud smile.

"I didn't want to make you sad or upset or feel like you didn't deserve the title, I am fucking sure you will be the coolest HeadBoy Hogwarts had ever had," she said pulling away from the hug, " come on now, we have a train to catch."

James looked at his little sister who was now running towards the barrier, he thought about how much this girl had suffered from nightmares and visions and still had time to look after others and make sure they were alright.

He shook his head with a smile at his sisters' kindness and grabbed his trolley and passed the barrier.

Fleamont and Euphemia have everyone goodbye kiss on the forehead.

"Be good and listen to the teachers," said Euphemia at the four children standing in front of her, trunks in hand.

"Okey, mum," said Sirius first, hugging Euphemia tightly before moving to Fremont.

"Potter Jr we will be at the usual compartment come by with Zabini if you have time," he said to Delilah before taking James and Remus with him and boarding the train.

She only gave him a nod back and turned to hug her parents one more time, "I will miss you," she said as she hugged tightly her dad.

"We will miss you too, sweetheart."

And with that goodbye from her parents, she boarded the train and went to find Monica.