50

The faster the days passed, the faster were the exams also on the way and to say that Delilah was stressed was an understatement

The faster the days passed, the faster were the exams also on the way and to say that Delilah was stressed was an understatement. A new textbook was stuck every day in her hands for the past week and she only had one more week to go before the final exams, which determined if she had passed her seventh year were about to happen.

It was a family trait to obsess over things one or two weeks before they occurred, her mum with trips, her dad with potions, her brother with pranks, it was a family tradition at this point. It was a hunting tradition since it made her anxiety rise every time, she closed the textbook. She finished with revising but ended up awake at night, reading it once again and not trusting herself enough to remember everything.

So, when she found herself in the line to enter the Hall for her Herbology exam, she was shaking with her teeth clattering together even if it was hot inside. Her hands fidgeted together, her knee bouncing, and her breaths were rigged.

Regulus was worried. He glanced at his girlfriend cautiously, before deciding to reach out and pry her hands from each other, holding them in his cold one, while his other hand rested on her knee to stop it from moving.

One glance at her face and the small smile that had formed on her lips was enough to make Regulus melt on the inside, his stomach became all fuzzy and a stupid lovesick smile made its way on his face.

The things he could do to see her happy every day. God, he loved her so much, so much.

Walking into the exam, he released her hand and made his way towards his seat, shooting her a reassuring smile, which she happily returned, her spirits lifted. She looked so pretty when she smiled, the corners of her eyes wrinkled and when she was super excited, she would clap her hands fast, expressing her happiness through movements.

Finishing the exam was proven easier than thought, the Professors most probably did not want to stress the students out more than they were already.

The afternoon after the exams was spent at the three broomsticks, drinking the warm and tasty butterbeer Madam Rosmerta made. Laughs and jokes and giggles were the only things that could be heard from the booth in the corner, the students enjoying themselves.

The talk about the war was severely decreased, after a very hearty speech from Monica, who was sick of hearing about it. On the spot, they had decided to spend the last weeks of their last year at Hogwarts making beautiful memories.

In the last few weeks, countless polaroid pictures were taken and were magically printed out. Delilah and Evan had put their whole soul into making personalized photo albums, in the muggle way may I add, so each one of them could have their own.

They had put stickers everywhere and quotes and dialogues between them were scribbled on the pages. They looked more like scrapbooks now, but they all were content with the way they had turned out.

During the last week, Regulus and Delilah had made one last trip to the library, checking some more books about the Horcruxes that they now knew, because books the Narcissa had sent them from their house, were powerful objects that could hold a fragment of someone's soul and to create it you had to commit murder.