48

For the first time in weeks, the sun was free from the clouds that usually decorated the grey sky above the castle. It dappled through the trees, bathing everything that came on its way in sunlight.

Though the weather was, it was not enough to lift Regulus's and Delilah's mood. The former had spent his morning reading every book related to dark magic he could find.

He spent hours annotating and underlining important things that could be related to dark objects, however, he was unaware that Leo had kept an eye on him since the Hogsmeade trip and was starting to find his behavior incredibly suspicious.

On the other side of the castle, Delilah was sulking in the Room of Requirement but now the usually filled with books and candles room was just a small living room with the record player.

It had been a couple of days since Delilah have had a moment for herself and she was looking forward to enjoying every second of it.

She had spent countless hours researching, flipping through the pages of the books Regulus had given her to find information but neither of them was incredibly successful.

She was so bored of books to the point where she hadn't visited the library at all if she could help it. She was sure that if she saw another shelf, she was for sure going to vomit. Even for someone who always loved to read, spending seven hours in the library every day was getting unbearable.

Delilah was brought out of her thoughts when the door of the room opened. At the sound of heels clicking against the wooden floor, she could easily tell that Monica had entered the room.

"Delilah," came Monica's voice from her right, as she felt the couch dip beside her, indicating that Monica had sat down but Delilah didn't turn towards her, continuing to stare at the wall.

"I'm speaking to you, hello? Earth to Delilah!" She exclaimed, snapping her fingers in front of Delilah's face to get her attention.

Delilah turns towards her, raising her eyebrows in question. She loved Monica with all her heart but now was not the time for any jokes.

Understanding that Delilah was not really up for a heartfelt conversation, Monica reached in her pocket and pulled out the beige envelope handing it to Delilah.

"They were delivered during breakfast, so I got it for you," she explained, as Delilah reached to take the letter from her hand, mumbling a thank you before seeing that the letter was from her brother.

She paused, James usually just said what he wanted to say in the same letter as her parents. Using her wand to open the envelope, scared that her brother may be playing a prank on her, but after seeing that there was no jump scare and she recognized her brother's handwriting, she brought the letter back to her grasp.

Her eyes skimmed over the words, in a hurry that the letter may be bearing bad news but after reading it all she could do was stare. Stare at those words that James had written with capitalized letters.

I proposed to Lily!

She said yes!

We are getting married in the summer!

Seeing her best friend just staring at the page with her mouth open was enough to make Monica want to peek over her shoulder to read the letter out of curiosity.

"Merlin's beard, James is getting fucking married?!" She exclaimed, as much in disbelief as Delilah. Her own eyes widened as she reread the words.

"He had the guts to do it, I owe Remus so many galleons," groaned Delilah as she rubbed her face with her hand.

She was very happy for her brother and even more happy that she'll have another girl in the family to spend time with during the holidays. But she mourned the loss of those 15 galleons she bet with Remus on when the two lovebirds will get engaged.

As much as excited Delilah was, the letter was most definitely not qualified as an excuse for her to miss her transfiguration class, knowing very well that McGonagall will have her head. The girls made a run for it, arriving in class and taking their seats a few seconds before the Professor entered.

They have focused on revisioning the past chapters since the next assignment would include most of the material they had gone through the past month.

Delilah was writing down the notes from the board when she felt eyes staring at her back, hesitantly, as to not draw much attention, she turned around catching the eyes of Regulus who was smirking slightly.

Shaking her head at his stalkerish behavior, she returned to her notes but was again interrupted when a small paper landed on her desk. She quickly took it and brought it under the desk reading it and her eyes widened once she saw what Regulus had written.

Her head jerked towards his direction so quickly, she thought she may get whiplash. He was silently laughing to himself, clearly amused at what he had written.

Delilah rolled her eyes at his immaturity, who would think that out of all the things in the world Regulus Black would find the bald spot on Stewart's head worth laughing over. It was not even that funny, it was a potions accident but since Regulus had missed it he found it hilarious.

Hours after their classes had finished Delilah and Regulus were at the far back of the Hufflepuff common room, Regulus was saying something about the research to Delilah but as much as she tried to focus, she was genuinely uninterested in hearing anything about dark magic.

She had heard enough for the past weeks and she knew even one sentence about it was going to completely set her off.

"Are you listening to what I'm saying?"

Delilah turned to Regulus, shaking her head, she could feel her eyelids closing. All she wanted to do was sleep, that's all she could do now.

"Honestly? I have no idea what you are talking about," she muttered, not even looking at him as she rested her head at the back of the couch and closed her eyes.

"Look, I know you are tired but-"

"No, I'm sorry but I can't focus on anything right now," her mumbling was so quiet, Regulus was barely able to pick up what she was saying.

"If it's so important then you can tell me tomorrow but if it's the kind of information that just generally gives us anything then wait two days before you talk to me about anything that has to do with that shit," she ranted, watching as his face fell, "I'm sorry but I can't anymore, let's catch a break."

Regulus watched as her shoulders slouched and she rubbed her temples, trying to stay awake to hear his answer. Only by watching her, he could feel his eyelids wanting to close and that pillow to his left looked extremely welcoming.

"Mhm, a break sounds good actually," he murmured, as he leaned towards her, sneaking her arms around her waist and resting his head on her stomach.

He felt her hands coming around his shoulders to hug him back. He moved his head upwards a bit, resting it in her neck.

Nothing could beat the feeling of having her in his embrace.

Absolutely Nothing.

AN

Thank you all so much for 133k that is absolutely crazy!!
I hope you are having the best day and don't forget to hydrate yourselves <3

*virtual hugs*