39

November had passed and Delilah and Regulus were back the way they were. It took some time to get back to their routine but after a week or two everything turned back to the way it should be. Christmas was nearing and the group was trying to decide what they were going to do for the Christmas break.

"We could go on a trip?" suggested Delilah but the idea was shut down by Evan who said that they couldn't go anywhere since Regulus was now higher in the ranks and him along with Leo were supposed to get the mark during the break.

"But you aren't seventeen yet," said Delilah, she remembered them saying that their birthdays were four days apart and in April.

"Like he actually cares, he just needs more people to complete his ridiculous missions and far more to help him plan them" said Leo in an annoyed voice that held an angry tone to it. "Wasting another Christmas to him, how great!" he added sarcastically, trying hard to mask the tiredness in his voice and succeeding, but Delilah could see how tired he was in his eyes, it made her heart drop to her stomach.

They didn't deserve this kind of life, all of them were just teenagers, but she had learned when she was younger that life was indeed unfair and sometimes you couldn't do anything about it. "You could always come to my house for a few days, mum would be delighted to have you over and meet you all!" she said brightly, giving them all a small smile as she received back three, in gratitude.

"Yeah, Euphemia is the best mum in the world!" confirmed Monica who had spent many Christmases together with the Potters, their whole family was just pranks, laughs and love. They were a truly happy family that raised their kids to be the best people they could be, accepting everyone no matter what and always trying to help others as much as they can.

"You could always come at my house, no matter the time or the circumstances, things are getting worse with the war and if you need to go anywhere just to relax a bit. My parents said all of you are welcome whenever you feel like, James is not even staying with us since him and Lily are moving in to an apartment near Remus and Sirius, so we have even more space" she said warmly, making sure to know that they always had a safe place to stay if they ever needed to.

"I love you; you know that right? It may be platonically but I love you" said Evan, wrapping his arms around her and bringing her into his embrace.
Regulus was watching the duo with narrowed eyes as he silently scoffed.

"He said platonically Regulus, stop being such a drama queen" laughed Delilah watching his face more into a scowl as he raised his middle finger at her and she didn't waste a second doing the same but with both of her hands.

"I hate you, Potter" he murmured under his breath once Evan had gone back to his seat beside him. Delilah though heard him and raised her eyebrows at him. "Please, Black, you know you love me, I'm quite irresistible" she said with a smirk, winking at him as he tried to hastily cover his pink ears with his hair.

"Can't lie, she looks pretty hot in that dress" said Monica, blowing a kiss at Delilah and she dramatically flipped her hair over her shoulder. "Thanks darling, you look very dazzling too" she replied, leaning in and leaving a kiss on Monica's cheek.

"Am I the only one that feels like Delilah has more chemistry with Monica than Regulus?" asked Leo on purpose, watching as Regulus face filled with jealousy, letting a quit laugh under his breath. "Jealous Black?" taunted Monica with a smirk, catching on, on what Leo is doing and following his example.

"No!" Said Regulus a bit too quickly making the other laugh loudly at his clear jealousy. "Don't be jealous, Mon amour. My heart belongs to you and only you" said Delilah, kissing him on the lips softly before proceeding to seat on his lap as he gingerly wrapped his arms around her waist hugging her close to his chest. "That's what I thought" he murmured cockily in her ear as he placed a kiss on her shoulder.