34

WARNING⚠️
The chapter has mentions of Sirius and Regulus' past at Grimmauld place, nothing is described in detail and it's only mentions but if you are uncomfortable with that sort of information please proceed with caution
_______________________

"Are you sure?" asked Delilah standing in front of Regulus.

It was two days after the bonfire and they relaxing in the living room when Regulus asked Delilah to speak with her privately.

"Yes I want to talk to Sirius" he answered strongly as he sat on the bed.

"I can ask him to come now, if that's what you want" she offered.

"Yeah the sooner the better" said Regulus.

Delilah nodded before disappearing from the room, probably to send an owl to his brother. Regulus sat in the bed looking out of the window, he had no idea what he was going to say to Sirius but for some reason it seemed like a good idea to him.

The sound of a door opening snapped him out of his thoughts, Delilah walked in and nodded to him signalling that Sirius agreed and that he is probably coming in a few minutes.

Delilah walked up to him and wrapped him in a hug, her arms slide around his neck and her head rested in his.

"I'm proud of you" she whispered, he could feel her mouth moving on his head.

"For what?"

"For making this decision, I know it was difficult for you" she said pulling away from him and leaving a kiss on his cheek.

"Wouldn't have done it without you" he reminded her, smiling slightly.

"Oh shut up and take a compliment for once" she said as he took one of his hands and pulled him up.

"They would be here in some minutes, let's go downstairs" she said and he nodded closing the door behind them.

They walked down the stairs but no one was I the living room. He turned to her with a questioning gaze and she nodded her head to the garden.

"I told them to go outside, me and Remus will stay in the house in case something happens between you two, while James and Peter will join the others out" she information him.

"Ah so you think something will go wrong"

"You are both from the Black family, I obviously expect something to go wrong" she said in all seriousness as they walked into the kitchen so she could drink some water.

"I can't even defend myself here" he said referring to her previous statement. She gave him a knowing nod before the doorbell rang.

"Are you one hundred percent sure you want to do this? I can always tell them you changed your mind" she offered, making sure he was completely comfortable and sure with himself.

"Yeah I'll be fine" he reassured her and she nodded before leaving to open the door as he followed slowly behind her but lingered at the kitchens doorway.

He could faintly hear Delilah welcoming them in and that was when he decided to walk forward, with his head hanging down.

He heard Sirius draw in a sharp breath and he lifted his head meeting a pair of grey eyes staring back at him, his brother's grey eyes.

The tension in the room was so sharp you could cut anything in pieces.

"We'll leave you two to talk to the living room, me and Remus would be upstairs" said Delilah gesturing them towards the living room. Both her and Remus gave their boyfriends a hand squeeze before leaving upstairs.