44

Regulus, Evan and Leo were getting ready for the dinner at the Potters today and to say that Regulus was anxious was understatement, the boy was shaking and he couldn't even hold the glass of water Kreacher had brought him without spilling it down on the carpet.

Evan and Leo were laughing at him but not only at his nervous state but also of what he told them he said to Delilah before they were rudely interrupted when the two had come into the room abruptly.

"You told her that one of the best days in your life would be the day you marry her and now not even five days later you are going on a family dinner to meet her fucking parents, let's not mention that the day after tomorrow is your anniversary. Your one-year anniversary," said Leo as he covered his mouth with his hand before he could burst out laughing.

"Look, I didn't know what I was saying, my mind was not in the right state-"

"Did you mean it though?" Evan asked as he smirked when Regulus was unable to provide a response except a blank red face. "Exactly, you are whipped mate, admit it."

"I thought that was already fucking obvious, if Delilah told him anything he would do it in a heartbeat." Teased Leo and Regulus crossed him arms over his chest.

"That's definitely not a bad thing!" He defended himself and Leo shrugged his shoulders. "Never said it was, it's just proof that Delilah has you wrapped around her finger and I bet you enjoy every second of it."

"I do enjoy every second of it, she is like that exciting thing I needed in my life after so much dullness and she is such a fucking tease all the time but she also has that nerdy, more bookworm innocent side that drives me fucking crazy, fucking crazy. "

"Whipped," whispered Evan, though both the other boys were able to hear him and Leo laughed under his breath as Regulus gave him a fake smile and raised his middle finger, flipping him off.

In the Potter manor Delilah was lecturing her family making sure they didn't make the boys uncomfortable with their 'jokes' or any weird questions.

"I want nothing that has to do with the order or the war to be talked about, they are not proud of it and bringing it up is fucking pathetic. No questions about their families, I swear to merlin if you ask anything about that I'm not talking to you anymore," she said, glaring at them harshly and even Fleamont and Euphemia found themselves pressing their backs at the back of the couch a little bit more, sitting up straighter.

"Third, no threats and I mean that, if I hear any of you uttering any words that could be considered a threat, we are going to have a big fight once they leave, they have been nothing but kind friends and have been there for me when I needed them. I don't care about your personal issues with them nor your prejudices against Slytherin! If you have nothing else to say to them then I would prefer you to shut your mouth up, though I beg you to at least give them a chance, they are amazing people once you get to know them," she looked at them expectantly as she stopped pacing and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Don't worry honey, we will make sure the boys feel as welcomed as possible," said Euphemia and Delilah nodded as she looked at her father to see if he had anything to say.

"I want to speak to Regulus privately but nothing about the order or the war. I just making sure that he treats you right and I have some questions for him but I promise you, sweetheart, nothing that will make him uncomfortable," Fleamont promised and Delilah nodded as she looked at the boys with a pleading look.

"I told you I have nothing against you dating him as long as he treats you right. Also, I want to talk to him too but I swear, I won't make him uncomfortable, just want to see his intentions," said James and Delilah nodded, glad that he understood how important this is to her.