55

The basilisk venom was one hell of an ingredient to find, but as it seemed, Fleamont Potter was quite fond of it. And that is how Evan and Delilah decided their mission was for the evening, smuggling it out of her dad's potions room, while Regulus and Leo were at a strategizing meeting with Voldemort.

With James Potter as their child nothing that could be potentially a part of some prank was left within his reach, and every time he would try to steal something from their father's cabinet. He always came back empty-handed.

Now Delilah was realizing why that would be, they had tried every spell they could think of, but nothing was opening the door. Alohamora, Bombarda, pushing the door, blowing it up with fireworks, nothing worked.

"It's your dad, think how would he get your brother to not get what he wants," prompted Evan, exhausted from trying to break down the door.

"He usually tried to trick us, telling us clues, or just lying to us, he told James once that to open the door he had to do his laundry for a month," she answered, remembering the disappointment on James' face when his dad was the one to go inside the cabinet and not him for the explosive powder, "the door never did open for him, only my dad."

"Well, how did he open it? He couldn't just wave his hand and the door would magically open!"

Delilah was looking at him with a look that questioned his intelligence, "You are a wizard Evan, that can do bloody nonverbal magic, of course, he can close the door with just his hand, but try looking behind the small lamps at the sides of the wall, whenever he left the room, he touched one of the lamps, maybe he placed the key there?"

With quite a skeptical look, Evan took the left side, while Delilah got the right. Potter Manor was most definitely not a cold plain manor, pictures of the family and portraits were hanging on the walls, smiles always on their faces.

Most of the lamps were empty, nothing at the base or the top, but when he came farther down, one with a silver handle that shone brighter under the light from the moon, was what caught his attention and he walked quickly towards it.

"Delilah?" He felt her presence right away beside him, her eyes scanning the lamp with curiosity as if she had never seen it before, he hand reached for the base, the dragon she had gotten as a tattoo, was flying up and down her arm.

Both of them grab the handle and with one glance between them, they turned the handle left, hearing the click of the door that guarded the basilisk venom.

"He never had a key, what the bloody hell," murmured Delilah, her mouth slightly open as she looked at the ajar door. Evan noticed that she looked surprised, he guessed that looking for the key must have been a big part of her childhood. She headed for the door, leaving Evan to follow her behind. 

They pushed the door open, the wood creaking under the pressure, making quite the noise at the deadly silent house. Delilah's eyes danced around the room, she was in shock, from the information Evan had gathered, she had only been in here a few times. She moved towards the shelf with the poisons, as Evan stood by the door, it felt disrespectful to steal from the people that opened the door for you so many times.

He knew that Regulus and Delilah rarely nowadays showed affection in public, too scared for the prying eyes and ears, but even in private with the dinners, the Potter family held and invited them, they only held hands under the table, out of everyone's sight. Much like their conversations and anything else, they were limited to when they were alone at her house, or in the muggle world, hidden in a quiet library or coffee shop.

The feeling of actually being in the real world, where they are technically from two different parts of the war, must have set in. He knew that feeling all too well with Leo, always together, yet so far apart.  No one was here to cover for Regulus and Delilah in the RoR, no one could escape to the gardens behind the Black Lake alone.

Snapping him out of his thoughts was Delilah, who took a vial out of her dress pocket and transfigure it into a replica of the vial with the basilisk venom, before taking the poison and grabbing Evan's hand quickly, dragging him out of the room and closing the door, before running up to the lamp and turning the handle to the right, bringing it back to its original place.

Time was running out and everyone was going to be back from the Order meeting, so they didn't have much time to waste. What she didn't expect in her living room was their two disheveled lovers, with coats in their hands and hair all over the place from apparently apparating.

The words that left Regulus' mouth were enough to make Delilah stagger backward.

"Peter Pettigrew is a traitor to the Order of The Phoenix."

With the sudden news, no one knew what to do. Delilah was perplexed as to if they should tell Dumbledore or not, or if they could somehow use that knowledge to their advantage.

"Delilah."

"Delilah!"

Regulus' voice was a background sound in her brain, she couldn't comprehend the rest of his sentence. Her mind was imagining a fussy picture of Peter Pettigrew.

The boy that watched muggle shows with her, brought her candy from his trips to America and told her all of the stories the Marauders had from Hogwarts, the summer before her first year.

"what should we do?" Her voice was quiet, almost like a whisper, and she looked pale.

"Maybe we could tell Dumbledore, use it to our advantage!" Leo said loudly as if he had been racking his brain for a solution and he finally found one.

"If Dumbledore gave him the wrong information to pass to Voldemort, then maybe that would give us some time to spare looking for the Horcruxes!"

Delilah looked even more confused than Evan, who was staring at Leo intrigued, but looked like he had no idea what he was going on about. Regulus though looked like he already knew, a smirk painted on his lips.

"Peter will be giving Voldemort the wrong information, which means that since the Order will give the fake information, they would know where the Death eaters are, so they could set up traps, to capture some of them."

Delilah was still looking at them as if they had thought of this last minute.

"Yeah but if Peter gives the wrong information and Voldemort realizes that in all of the locations Peter tells him about, Order members are there, then he'll know Peter is lying to him, he is not stupid!"

"Yeah but then Voldemort will be the one that kills him, so no one gets their hands dirty," said Leo, trying to get Delilah, that was usually the one that supported him, to take his side but it seemed like she thought the idea was bad.

"It's too complicated! We would have to tell Dumbledore, and expose you all three to the order, which we cannot afford right now! And after that Dumbledore will have to tell all the orders so they could reschedule the fake meetings, but we also have the problem of the Marauders. If James, Sirius, and Remus were made aware of this, all hell would break loose!"

She had a great point, but that left them without any other plan.

But they didn't seem to know that at the same time they made that discussion, Peter Pettigrew was standing over Marlene McKinnons' and Dorcas Measows' dead bodies, and Lily Evans along with Mary Mcdonald had witnessed everything.

——
any possible ending you maybe have in mind??

sorry for leaving you for 2 months, school has been a bitch! But I'm back and ready to finish this