15

"Come on, tell me" begged Regulus with a loud laugh
"I told you, you'll see the dress at the ball, it's a surprise," she said and winked at him.

Regulus and Delilah were sitting on the floor at the Astronomy Tower, they have been there for a few hours talking about random things and their conversation have shifted to the ball.

"You didn't tell me your costume either"
Regulus looked at her and smirked "If are making me wait then you have to wait too" She rolled her eyes but nodded her head either way.

Regulus looked at her and the troubled look on her face, she has been really quiet since they came here. Most of the time, she is rambling about different things but tonight she barely uttered a word, he hated the silence, and he hated more the fact that the silence was coming from her.

He felt a tug on his chest but ignored it, his past was hunting him and he wasn't strong enough to overcome it.

"Is everything alright? You are not usually this quiet" he asked her and she turned to look at his crystal eyes, the moon made them look grey and there was concern hidden in them.

"Just having a difficult week" she answered quickly and walked to the small balcony to look at the stars, Regulus followed her and grabbed the railing with his hands from behind her, resting his head on her shoulder, she could feel his breath in her ear making shivers ran down her spine.

"They are pretty, aren't they?"

"Yes"

The next thing she knew, he was leaning in and his pink lips met hers. Her mind was telling her to pull away as fast as she could but she blocked all those thoughts and focused on the feeling she felt with Regulus' lips on hers.

He backed her up against the wall and moved his mouth from her lips to her neck, she let out a small gasp and she felt sparks shoot everywhere in her body but she recovered fast and with a quick movement he was now against the wall and Delilah was in front of him taking the lead.

She crashed her lips to his and moved towards his ear, she sucked there and sent him a teasing smile before moving to his neck making him let out a moan as her soft lips touched his exposed skin.

Her hands were messing with his black curls while he moved from her waist to her hips and she wrapped her legs around his waist. The kiss had grown hungry and by the time they pulled away, both of them were panting.

He set her down slowly, never breaking eye contact and they stood there looking at each other before Delilah took a step forward and crashed her lips to his one more time.

That kiss was more passionate, both of them releasing their pain and expressing feelings through it, they saw it as an escape from their problems and the world, since both of them felt lighter after they pulled away, like they were in a daze.

Regulus was the first to take a step back, walked towards the balcony once again, and sat down Delilah followed close behind resting her head on the wall.

They didn't speak, it was like they had a silent agreement

'this will stay between us'.

They sat there looking at the clouds, Regulus' mind was all over the place. Why did he kiss her? What was he thinking?

"You don't need to trouble yourself over the kiss" came the voice of the small brunette sitting next to him.

"There are two options," she said and held to fingers up " First option, we forget that this even happened and we continue with our lives. Second option: we discuss it, and decide whether we wanted that or it was just a way of expressing our pain and forgetting about our problems" she said, her voice calm, it sounded professional and experienced like she had done this again.

"Your choice"

Regulus took his time to think, if we pretend it didn't happen there is gonna be awkward tension every time we are alone together or even with our friend, if we discuss it then maybe we can kind of sort this out. That only gave him one logical option.

"I liked the kiss and it may sound cringe but I would kill right now to have your lips on mine again it kind of worked as a release too," he said his voice sounding dull and hesitant, he was ashamed, he had partially used her but he couldn't afford to lie, not when Delilah could read his mind, even though she couldn't control it.

Instead, Delilah only nodded. "Okey then, we can keep it this way, we only kiss and make out when we need to release our feelings," she said casually like she wasn't hurt at all, and sent him a small smile.

"But there are two conditions: firstly we can't tell the others about this, the more people we involve, the more likely it is someone overhear about this, and second, no romantic feelings"

Both of them were unsure about the second but they couldn't afford someone catching feelings now, they were fine as friends and they intended to keep it this way.

Delilah's mind wasn't as messed up as Regulus', she understood that he was trying to release everything that he had bottled up and since she was there he released it on her. It helped her a lot too, when she kissed him she forgot everything about nightmares and visions and since he wanted to keep doing that, it benefitted her as well.

They sat there leaning against each other, both of them lost in their thoughts, trying to solve their problems and battle with the past and its nightmares.

But what they didn't know was that this small and quick agreement they just had, will bring them trouble in the future, and neither of them was ready for it

———————————————————————————

Hey,

So that's the chapter for today, I'm not proud of it, it's a bit rusty but online tests are taking all my time.

Anyways DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!

Have a beautiful day💛