38

It had been five days since Regulus started avoiding Delilah and she was enjoying this hide and seek game a lot more than she actually thought she would. Regulus hadn't talked to her at all, even when they shared classes, he always made sure that someone was in between them, most times Evan or Leo since they had a lot more classes together than with Monica.

Even though Delilah had every right to be mad, she passed the whole thing as a joke. Every time her and Regulus would be in the same room and he caught her eye accidentally, she would wave at him slyly and he would quickly turn his head around avoiding looking at her direction again. Monica was furious with Regulus' behaviour, she thought he was taking it too far but Delilah kept her calm, telling her that she found it funny and she would talk to him herself if she thought things were getting out of hand.

She remembered this particular time when she was walking into the potions class alone and she saw Regulus already sitting in his seat, they were supposed to write essays with Amortentia as the topic. The effects, the history, ingredients and all that stuff along with what they smelled and if they are aware of what attracts them the most. Delilah was pretty straightforward with it, writing what she smelled and adding that she knows what or who attract her the most but not giving the professor an exact name, knowing how much the professors liked to gossip about the students.

As she took the seat, Regulus quickly got up from his seat walking towards the back of the class where some of his teammates from quidditch were sitting. He was an idiot and obviously didn't think about putting the essay back to his bag and that's when Delilah caught a glimpse of it, or a glimpse of the last paragraph at least, were Regulus wrote that he couldn't exactly pinpoint whose smell it was and stating he is still trying to figure it out.

Delilah couldn't help it but laugh at that as she shook her head, she was very much aware that Regulus was lying, even Evan had said that Regulus had admitted to them that he knew the smell of the person but didn't want to tell them. The boys weren't stupid either, once they read his essay and what he smelled, they knew who the smell belonged to.

It had become a kind of a joke in between the group, since they were all hanging out together, Regulus was the one that tried to avoid them all and every time they would catch him watching Delilah with a thoughtful expression they would laugh silently. They weren't mocking Regulus but his way of handling his feelings was definitely not an effective one. Delilah though, decided to be the good girlfriend that she is and give him more time since it was obvious, he needed it.

And that's how the five days became one week and one week become two weeks and finally Delilah had enough of Regulus' bullshit. She stormed into Monica's dorm, slamming the door behind her, a scowl was plastered on her face. "I can't believe him; he is such an asshole" she exclaimed as she jumped on Monica's bed letting out a dramatic sigh.

"What did he do this time? Because it's like he is doing everything he can to push you away as the days go by" asked Monica, as she sat on her bed crossing her arms. "I went up to talk to him because I really can't play this hide and seek game anymore, it was fun at the start but now it's just annoying!" she complained, "I went up to him tapping him on the shoulder and asking if I could talk to him and he bluntly ignored me as if I wasn't even there and he had that audacity to look me in the eyes and then turn on his heels and leave!" she said, a furious expression on her face. "I've tried talking to him all week and every time, he either pretends he didn't hear me or he just ignores me, which is not only ridiculous but rude too."

"I'm so done with this shit, he will either put on his big pants and talk to me or I'm ending it if he decides to continue this!" she said and Monica nodded agreeing with her, "and what are you going to do exactly? Because I'm pretty sure you don't have the patience to wait for him any longer?" she asks and she knew she was right when she saw Delilah smirking.