47

The fire was the only thing lighting up the small room. For the fifth time this year, Delilah and Regulus had found themselves in the room of requirements, the velvet couch was in front of the fireplace and the two teenagers occupied the double couch. Delilah was laying on her back with Regulus on top of her, her hands brushing through his curls as he napped.

She let him rest without bothering him, he had been exhausted the past few days, they both had been working restlessly on finding new things about that 'Horcrux', and combined with their homework and assignments the boy had been crumbling down from the pressure.

Delilah had decided to sacrifice her herbology and astronomy assignment, along with three of her Monday classes for an eleven-hour much-needed sleep. Monica had taken it to another level and just gave up after all the homework started to pile up.

She was the one that convinced Delilah to go to sleep and forget about responsibilities for now but when she offered for Regulus to do the same the boy denied and continued to write his potions essay along with Leo who had refilled them both with two cups of coffee and had his glasses resting on his face, slightly crooked.

Delilah had taken it upon herself to finish the homework regulus had left on the desk, sparing him from the extra stress tomorrow, Delilah was also done working on the homework she missed, and even though she turned it in late, Madam Sprout had agreed to grade it and give it back to her along with the extra assignments she did to improve her final grade.

Regulus' eyes fluttered open, his hands rubbed his eyes to wash the sleepiness away, hearing a chuckle from beside him, he looked up coming face to face with his girlfriend, who was looking at him lovingly.

Her hand trailed from his hair and to his cheek soothing the area there before placing a soft kiss on his forehead, making him pull away and nuzzle his head in her neck as he sighed, getting comfortable again and ready to go back to sleep.

But he looked up once again, kissing Delilah quickly before mumbling quietly, "it's your birthday tomorrow."

"I know," she chuckled, shaking her head at him as he continued watching her, a look of mischief passed through his eyes, making Delilah raise an eyebrow at him, she knew him well enough to know when he was plotting something.

"And do you know what it is tomorrow?" He asked as a sly smile made his way on his face. She shrugged her shoulders unsure of what he was implying.

"Well, we were planning to throw a party because of my birthday in the common room, but I'm not sure how you will be aware of that since we didn't tell anyone yet," she said but he shook his head, most likely singling that the party was not what he was referring to.

Delilah made one last try to learn but he blocked her off, making her jaw drop as he smirked sneakily at her, "it's not only you that benefitted from all the practice we did for you to start to control your powers, it has been proven quite useful in making me practice blocking others out, so your tricks won't work on my darling."

Delilah stared at him before raising her hands in surrender, "I have absolutely zero ideas of what you could be referring to, mind elaborating?" She asked him and he sat up and proceeded to try picking her up and making her seat sideways on his lap.

She laughed out loud as he struggled to pick her up completely, only managing to lift her enough to just place her on his lap, her laughter echoed in the room as he made sure she was comfortable. Delilah had gotten significantly taller since her fifth year, gaining about five inches and making her nearly reach Monica's height.

Regulus wasn't also the tallest man out there, standing at an average of five foot and ten inches, now Delilah was almost as tall as him, standing at only two inches shorter. Regulus wasn't also the strongest man out there, in quidditch, he didn't have to do anything that exercised his body intensely. He was quite sure that Delilah was stronger than him, all the exercise from moving all her books around her dorm to decorating better or rearranging them every week in a new order, was a valid exercise for her hand muscles.