5

Delilah found herself sitting in the prefect meeting bored out of her mind. Her brother was constantly winking and complementing Evans while she was trying to ignore him.

She had boarded the train almost two hours ago, she had found Monica's compartment and after greeting her quickly she went to find the Marauders' compartment to go with her brother and Remus to the compartment where the meeting was being held.

She knew most of the people there, Remus and Mary McDonald from Gryffindor, herself and William Stone from Hufflepuff, Mark Smith and Aquila Sanders from Ravenclaw and she was not surprised to see Marcus Avery and Regulus Black representing the Slytherin prefects.

Of course, as HeadBoy and HeadGirl they had James and Evans(she was not surprised). Though the meeting wasn't as calm as she expected it to be.

Her brother was shamelessly flirting with Evans while she was rolling her eyes at him, her face as red as a tomato, telling him to shut up every time. Delilah was one hundred percent sure Evans was enjoying that, for fucks sake she was smiling like an idiot in love.

In the end, he brought her to the point where she went to smack his head playfully to shut him up but her eyes found Delilah's and she immediately dropped her hands to her lap.

Delilah was glaring daggers at Lily even though she knew that Lily went to do this playfully she still wouldn't let this girl hurt her brother, not even a hair of his head. She didn't know whether Evans was just leading him on or was flirting with him.

The meeting ended and everyone went to patrol the train and tell the students to change into their robes, Delilah though asked Lily to stay back so she could ask her some questions.

"Yes, Potter, what questions do you have?" She asked with a kind smile.

"Look what were you doing with my brother before was flirting, anyone could see that," she said getting straight to the point, Lily went to interrupt her but Delilah continued, "I don't know what has gotten into you and decided to flirt back with James but I swear to god if you dare to lead him on and hurt him I will personally hunt you down." She sent a sweet smile toward Lily got up and left.

She knew she might have sounded rude but it was a weird sight seeing Lily flirt back with James and she was only looking out for her oblivious brother who would have only thought that Evans was already in love with him.

'Not very stereotypical Hufflepuff of me'

After walking towards the Slytherin part of the train and telling students along the way to change into their robes, she found Monica in their usual compartment fast asleep, Delilah shook her head and laughed at the sleepyhead she had for a friend. She pulled a book from her bag and started reading to kill the time she had before they arrived at Hogsmeade.

Even though she tried to concentrate on the book she was reading her mind drifted back to the prefect meeting and Regulus Black, she felt extremely guilty about knowing what happened to his room a couple of weeks ago, she felt like she was invading his privacy.

It wasn't her fault, she couldn't control it but that didn't stop her brain from telling her what she did was wrong.

She had felt it loads of times, the guilt when she would have a vision of someone's past. Especially if it was a Hogwarts student and then she had to face them the next day but there wasn't anything she could do to stop this from happening, so through the years Delilah started accepting the fact that she had to live with this whether she like it or not.

She was brought back to the world by the voice coming from the speakers telling them that they have reached Hogsmeade, Delilah shook Monica's shoulder but she wouldn't wake up.

"Wake up, Mona, for Merlin's sake," she said and pulled her friend by her hands to pull her up but she didn't have enough strength, so they both ended up on the floor with a thud.

"Fuck," said Monica as she rubbed the back of her head causing Delilah to laugh at her and help her up.

They both got up from the floor still laughing and exited the train, they walked towards the carriages talking and laughing. They found the Marauders and sat with them. Delilah looked outside of the window and stared at the castle which was coming into view slowly.

'Here goes another year,' she thought and rested her head on Monica's shoulder for the rest of the ride.

——————————————————
Hey y'all,

So I didn't exactly know what to write in this chapter because it's a typical "get on the train and then the carriages" type of chapter.
But I tried to give you a start on Lily's and James' relationship.
Also, two chapters till we see Reggie and the real story begins.

Please vote and leave a comment, if you want, of course, they give me the motivation to write more!