12

Autumn days fall by as fast as the leaves from the trees. The sun rises and sets as if on fast-forward as if there is some divine hurry to reach the winter. Though the sun is still bright, still brilliant in the sky, it is cooler even on the days that lack clouds.

It was now the 17th of October and the first Quidditch match between Slytherin and Ravenclaw. Delilah and Monica were sitting with the rest of the Slytherins in the stands cheering at the team dressed in green. The score was 110-70, Slytherin winning.

It was common for the Hufflepuff to be found in the Slytherin stands cheering for their team, as Monica was a Slytherin. She never said a snarky remark to anyone and whoever tried to say something was quickly put in their place by the two girls.

Delilah watched as the players zoomed through the air, her eyes drifted to Regulus who was flying in circles around the pitch to find the Golden Snitch.
He looked hot as fuck right now, she couldn't deny it.

"SLYTHERIN'S NEW CHASER LEONARD NOTT SCORES AGAIN" shouted Blake Jordan who was the commentator for this match "120-70, SLYTHERIN WINNING BY 50 POINTS"

Delilah clapped and cheered along with the rest of the Slytherins, she turned her head to look at the Gryffindor stands where the Marauders were sitting glaring at her 'You shouldn't have bet 10 galleons each that Ravenclaw will win" she thought and smirked cockily at them.

"BLACK IS DIVING TOWARDS THE SNITCH MCMILLAN HOT ON HIS TAIL" Jordan's shout made Delilah break eye contact with the Marauders and focus on the two seekers that were now neck to neck.

"They are gonna crash," said Delilah and Monica with Evan turned to look at her "They are heading towards the ground at a dangerous speed, if they continue they won't have time-" she was cut off by a crashing sound coming from the pitch accompanied by a scream.

"Fucking knew it"

McMillan was laying on the ground clutching his leg but no one paid attention to him everyone was looking at Regulus who had the snitch in his hand. "REGULUS BLACK CAUGHT THE SNITCH, AND SLYTHERIN WINS THE FIRST MATCH OF THE QUIDDITCH CUP"

The Slytherin stands exploded in cheers and whistles. Delilah caught Regulus' eyes and send him a wink before walking towards the Gryffindor stands. She found the marauders still in the stands and sat beside them with a smug look on her face.

"Pay up boys"

"Fuck"
"Fucking Ravenclaws"
"Come on man"
"Can I pay you in food?"

"Pay up boys" she repeated and held her hand out.

They rolled their eyes and reached in their pockets handing her 10 galleons each. "It was a pleasure taking your money, kind sirs," she said and curtsied, saluting them, going to find Monica.

She found her at the pitch talking with Leonard and Evan while Regulus, she assumed was still in the locker room. In the past two months the three boys and the two girls had become, she would say, acquaintances, they would greet each other in class or the hallways.

Regulus and Delilah continued going to the Astronomy Tower every other day either to talk about random things or just sit in silence and study.
It was like they were in their safe heaven, no Voldemort, no Deatheaters, no visions, just peace.

They had opened up to each other more and talked about their dreams and hopes for their futures, their families, and everything.

She reached them and greeted the boys with a kind smile and a shy 'hello'. She didn't know them very well and she was kind of awkward around them.

Monica on the other hand got along with the boys perfectly, especially with a certain boy named Leonard Nott, who had a thing for Monica, according to Regulus.