57

The Wizarding world was confused, especially Walburga Black, who was sitting in a velvet dark green chair in her living room. The light of the fire cast a orange shadow on her face.

In her hands she held a photograph, of a young Sirius at about four years old, standing beside his little brother with his eyes on him, a soft look in his eyes. Little Regulus stood beside him in his green suit, a toothy grin on his face.

The more she looked at the photograph, the more her heart clenched. Two of her kids had left. Two out of two. Gone.

She ripped the photograph and tossed it in the fire, watching the parts slowly turn black as they burned. She left the room, the tulle of her black dress trailing behind her.

Euphemia Potter on the other hand was panicking. Delilah had said a week, a few days more at most, it has been almost three weeks, and no letter or word from her.

It was like she had disappeared and from the anxious look on her son's face the past few days. She realized that Delilah had not gone on vacation as she had said.

"Where is my daughter?" The question was simple but James being James, dropped the teacup he was holding, it shattered to the ground and a deafening silence settled in the kitchen.

"What?" The word came out in a whisper, the lump in his throat was painfully difficult to shallow.

"James Fleamont Potter! Tell me where my daughter is!"

James knew that Euphemia's worst fear was losing her children, and he so deeply regretted that he couldn't give her the answer she wanted.

"I don't know," he mumbled, his words slightly blending as he rushed them out. he couldn't dare raise his eyes to meet hers, he couldn't believe he had let his sister leave like that.

"What do you mean you don't know James?! I know she is not on vacation but she couldn't have just disappeared, she left with Regulus, where are they?"

Tears were gathering in her eyes threatening to spill, she couldn't lose Delilah.

"She left, said they had to take care of something they had been working on, it is supposed to help us win the war!"

"You could have made her stay here, it's dangerous out there! She can't just be out, she is in danger, they are going to go after her!" Euphemia was close to shouting, her eyes had darkened, a few tears trailing down her cheeks.

"I couldn't keep her physically here, she is an adult, she makes her own decisions! It's not my fault she left, okay? It's not!" James watched his mother shake her head, but something told him that it wasn't directed toward him.

"They know James," she looked into his eyes, regret flashing in hers.

"Who knows what? What are you talking about?"

"Why do you think i've been keeping your sister in the house, making sure she doesn't go too far away, always being near us? Why do you think I've had people over, trying to convince her to join the Order? They know about her James, they know about her being a seer," her words trailed off, and James' eyes widened.

"Why didn't you tell us?! How long have you known?" Hurt and fear were evident on his face, he felt terrified and betrayed. Terrified because his little sister was out there, having no idea, that Voldemort himself was after her, and betrayed because his mother was keeping that from him, from her.

"I didn't want her to worry or burden her! I want her to enjoy her life, without having to hide!"

"She is not a kid anymore, mom! She is an adult that can make her own decisions, you can't make them for her, she had every right to know about this. If she knew she would have been smart enough not to go! Now we don't even know where she is or if she is alive!"

James getting mad was a rare occurrence, it seldom happened, but when it did, you never knew what he was going to do next.

And it was pretty clear that James had no intention of speaking with his mother the next few days, he strictly went home to see his father and refused to hear  a word from her.

James felt betrayed, how could his own mother do that, hide something so important from him, his sister was in danger, real danger, and he couldn't do anything about it.

James, for the first time in his entire life felt entirely helpless.

***

It was weeks later than Delilah had promised her mom, and she was well aware of it. 

But Voldemort was about to be defeated since in her small pouch were 5 of the 6 horcruxes Voldemort has created.

The diadem
The cup
The ring
The diary
The locket

Voldemort's life was, quite literally in her hands, and it would be a lie to say that she didn't enjoy the power.

——————

hello hello!

it's been quite a while i'm well aware and i'm truly sorry.

I'm not as into the harry potter fandom as i was when i started this fanfic in 2020, and i don't really see myself ever getting back into it, but i wanna try finishing this story.

expect unplanned updates and at random times, but i'm gonna try my best! :)