54

(as I said in the last chapter, I do NOT exactly follow the plot, nor the time that things happen, I have my timeline and series of events that PREVENT the plot from being executed as the original JK created and follows the original timeline.)\

Ps, a lot of small time skips this chapter.

--------------

Regulus stared at Delilah as she gulped down a glass of water. The man was scared out of his mind when he received her Patronus in the middle of the night, almost begging him to get over to the manor.

"Are you sure that's what you saw?" There have been times were Delilah had mixed visions, sometimes she saw some things, and her brain filled in the blanks, making it look like a dream more than a vision, while other times it was a meaningless thing that they gave too much of their attention on.

"Regulus, he killed James and Lily, I saw him, I saw the light, I even saw their son," she was looking at him with a crazed look, "and he is not even born yet."

Regulus was leaning against the counter, arms crossed in front of his chest, forearms flexing under the tight material of his T-shirt.

"Yeah that makes it a whole lot more complicated," he muttered as he once again looked up at Delilah that looked disheveled.

Slight sweat on her forehead, her hair all over the place, and cheeks as red as blood.

He walked towards her slowly, his arm reaching out to her and she, like a magnet, found herself surrounded by him, his smell, his presence, his ever so slightly minty breath, since he had become more obsessed than he would like to admit with the muggle sweet.

Regulus felt like home, and now she understood why she loved him so much, why whenever he was near, her eyes darted towards his, why she would always look for him wherever she was.

Regulus to her was the sun, the moon the stars, and everything in between, he was her soulmate, that one person she knew she could trust, she could be vulnerable around, she could be herself.

With Regulus there was no judgment, only opinions, and whenever she asked for them, he never wanted to control her life, he never pressured her, and he never made her pick a side.

Instead, he was on her side, agreeing with her, laughing with her, crying with her.

Regulus was her person.

And when he whispered in her ear that everything would be alright, she believed him.

On the morning of the 15th of July 1979, Delilah wished she could go back to the moment where they were simply hugging because now it seemed like they were plotting a suicide mission.

"He said he wants to hide them, if I can find where then maybe we can go back and get them but to do that we need to know where they are," said Regulus as they pulled from the hug. Even in the summer, his characteristic black coat adorned his shoulders.

"I know, I know just please be careful, don't trust him and all your senses have to be on all the time in case he might be suspicious and try to capture you so be extremely careful."

With a nod Regulus disappeared and landed on the exact location Voldemort had sent him, Kreacher the house elf was already there, ready to execute the plan Mater Regulus had set for him, the Dark Lord standing to his right.

"Nice of you to join us Regulus," said Voldemort, his appearance had changed significantly, his eyes had a rent tint to them, his hair was a lot shorter and his frame looked thinner, Regulus guessed that was the consequence of putting you soul into the Horcruxes for a long time.