7

The first day of classes, according to Delilah, was always a nightmare. The only ones excited were the 1rst Years, who couldn't wait to start learning about spells and potions.

Delilah and Monica had just finished breakfast and were heading toward history of magic.
"First day, first class and we have Bins, someone please kill me," said Delilah with a groan.

"I could do it, but then I would need someone to kill me too and I don't think that if I asked any student to do that they would be up for it," said Monica and the two girls shared a laugh.

"No, they would think you are crazy but Potter you would know about crazy, screaming in the middle of the night because of some stupid nightmare." The two girls turned their heads and came face to face with Severus Snape.

"Who asked for your opinion?" asked Delilah, a scowl on her face as she stared at Avery coldly.

"Yeah, I don't remember including you in our conversation," added Mona with a deadly glare.

Snape and Delilah weren't on good terms.

Snape was the type of person that would put his big nose inside others people's businesses and since he tried to create false rumors about Delilah based on what she had heard from a conversation the duo had, things between them were not the best.

"Well we didn't ask for your help, so could you please leave us the fuck alone?" asked Delilah. her voice calm but cold.

Many of the Hogwarts students who wear passing by stopped to listen to the conversation and Delilah wanted to get out of there as soon as possible before Monica, who was ready to punch Snape, did something she would regret later on.

Having gotten only a smirk and no answer from the blonde girl, the two girls turned on their heels and continued their way to class.

***

Delilah was on her way to Advanced potions, after being bored to death with the history of magic, she wanted a class that she enjoyed.

Potions was a fairly easy class for Delilah, she scored an O in her Owls. She also took Alchemy as a class, so it gave her a slight advantage.

Even though she was top of her year along with Regulus Black, Delilah didn't enjoy many of her classes, the only ones that she was always very excited about were Astronomy, Alchemy, Potions, and sometimes DADA.

Her photographic memory was the one responsible for her high grades.

She made it to potions one or two minutes before Slughorn walked in and sat with Amara, Monica's dorm mate which whom she was getting along pretty well with.

"Get up from your seat dears, we are gonna have assigned seats this year." He said with a big smile on his face. Groans were coming from her classmates but it didn't bother her.