11

Regulus stood there waiting for her, she was late and he was getting anxious Did she stand me up? He was asking himself repeatedly. 'She is late two minutes calm the fuck down' his brain was telling him but he still ran his hand through his hair messing it up more.

He didn't like it when people left him waiting. He hated waiting. He heard footsteps coming up the stairs and he watched her come through the door breathing hard.

"I don't like being kept waiting," he said with a smirk and walked out of the dark corner and towards her, she kept taking steps back until her back hit the wall and he stood in front of her, his smirk turned into a smug look.

He loved having the upper hand. It gave him the power he never had in his home since his parents made all his decisions for him.

Delilah smiled at him sweetly and got on her tiptoes to reach his ear. "Maybe I like seeing you nervous, you know running your hand through your hair, I find it hot." She pulled back and smiled innocently at him.

She only laughed at his face and walked towards the railing.
"So, what type of therapy are we gonna do today, last night we talked about Traumas, what's it for today?" He laughed genuinely and shook his head.

He hadn't laughed in months and it felt good doing it again, even though the joke wasn't supposed to be laughed at.

"How about we talk about our lost hopes for the future?" He suggested trying to keep the jokingly pessimistic conversation going.

"I can do a whole assignment on that." She joked and they sat down against the marble wall, their knees brushing slightly.

"What was your dream job growing up?" He went to answer but she added, "the job you wanted to do not what your parents told you."

He furrowed his eyebrows thinking, "a Potions Master or an Auror but it ain't gonna happen, nobody wants a death eater as a teacher or working at the Ministry." He said bitterly.

"You can always be a quidditch player." She suggested but he shook his head.

"Quidditch is a hobby I'm good at, I don't want to do it professionally." he dismissed the idea completely.

"What do you want to be?" He asked, wanting to fill the awkward silence that would have followed.

"A wand maker, wands always fascinated me, the different types of woods, the cores, or the fact that some wands have crystals on them and they are so pretty." He nodded and couldn't help but smile at how excited Delilah was. Her hands moved in different motions as she talked about it and her eyes lightened up with excitement.

"That's interesting." He commented once she had finished and she smiled up at him, happy that he found it interesting.

"I also like Psychology." She murmured and Regulus looked at her weirdly, confused as to what that was.

"It's a muggle thing they study in universities but it's just a silly dream, a chance to live a bit in the muggle world but with the war and everything I don't think it's very practical." She explained, "if the wand maker doesn't work out then, I'll probably do something in the ministry." he nodded his head understanding.

Wandmaker was a difficult job.

They stayed in silence after that, both of them realizing that maybe they will never get to accomplish their dreams because of the war and maybe these hopes they had for their future will die with them.

"If I allowed you to do whatever you wanted after your last year at Hogwarts without worrying about Voldemort, what would you do?" she asked randomly and he got serious for a second as he tried to find something to do that would bring him genuine happiness.

"I would just take a year off, not having to worry about whether I'll die the next day or not." He said and the aura around them turned dark.

"You don't want this, do you?" asked Delilah gently and put her head on his shoulder.

"No I don't" he answered immediately and let out a tired sigh, as his head rested on top of hers, eyes slightly closing.

"And you know what I hate the most? I have to keep this a secret from everyone and fucking no one understands the pressure I feel right now cause if I do the smallest mistake during one of his stupid missions I'll have to suffer consequences which are either being tortured or being killed." He said frustrated and ran a hand through his black curls, messing them more.

"Evan and Leonard aren't Death eaters yet cause their families to want them to be old enough to take the responsibility and they are always there for me, I can't complain, but sometimes they just don't get it."

"Hey, hey relax," said Delilah sensing his panic. " you know what my brother always says?" she asked him and he shook his head.

"Everything happens for a reason and I know that this is something you hear every day but coming from James, who is known as the stupidest in our family, after Sirius, during times of war is quite inspirational." She said and they laughed at the way she described James.

"Is he happy?" asked Regulus suddenly.

"Who?"

"My brother, is he happy there with your family?" He asked more specifically.

"Yeah I guess so, I don't know, like you, he doesn't show his true self and emotions but I like to think that he is happy." She said, remembering how her family welcomed Sirius and tried to do everything they could to help him adjust to the new environment.

What she missed thought were the few silent tears that ran down Regulus' cheeks but he quickly wiped them before the Hufflepuff could notice them.

"I always wanted him to be happy, after he got sorted into Gryffindor our parents never let him near me again. They would always say that he was a bad influence, I think that was what made us drift apart."

"Why are you telling me this?" she asked him, he was opening up to her and he only knew her for two days.

"I mean you already know how manipulative my parents are,  not only because they lied to me about how it is to be a death eater but because they abused Sirius, which I assume you already know," she nodded her head at him confirming his statement.

"You also know everything about me being a death eater and if you didn't believe me you wouldn't be helping me. Last but not least, we have become each other's therapists, can't leave my therapy buddy alone now, can I?"

"Yeah, I agree," she said and they both got up and stood behind the railing at the small balcony.

"I would love to travel the world, just leave everything behind for one-two years and just travel," she said to Regulus and he nodded.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Paris, New York, Egypt, Brazil, and some other countries that I have in mind"

"You better book two tickets cause if we come out of this alive, you are taking me with you" he joked but she turned to him laughing

"Alright, you'll just have to pay for your ticket."