49

AN new cover lol, I made it at like eleven and something pm please be nice.

March was Evan's favorite month, with their birthday being only a few days apart, he and Leo always celebrated them together. 

This year though, there was no grand cake, no infamous party in the common room, and the worst of all, minimum presents.

Even though the party was not as big of a deal as the other years, his friends did their best at making it as special as possible. The Astronomy tower was decorated in colorful lights, a green banner wishing them happy birthday was hung on the wall and a pile of presents was placed at the corner of the room.

The cake was the best part of it all, their scared faces during the Marauders prank on the Slytherins in their sixth year were plastered on top of it. Leo's eyes were wide with his mouth wide open and slime covering him from head to toe. Evan was standing on top of the bench with a disgusted look on his face as he desperately tried to get the slime off of him.

"How did you even get that picture?" Asked Leo, his face flushed red in embarrassment. He saw Delilah smirk and shake her head before waving him off.

"I have my ways, now let's get to eating that, I spent over 3 hours trying to decorate it," she prompt them, as they all sat down on the blanket and Regulus handed out the spoons. 

Leo didn't expect the cake to taste good but he was pleasantly surprised when the sweet flavor of strawberry and chocolate blossomed in his mouth.

Evan on the other had already devoured half the cake, while showering Delilah in compliments about the cake, always talking with his mouth fucking full though.

Conversation flowed easily between them, Regulus was laying his head on Delilah's lap as she fed him the cake, chuckling when he would murmur something funny.

Monica had gone to take the presents from Delilah's room, while Evan was twirling his spoon between his fingers, smirking when he caught it after tossing it in the air.

Feeling bold, Leo moved his head and lied it on his shoulder waiting for him to push him off but was more than delighted to feel Evan's fingers run his hands through his hair, twirling his blonde curls between his fingers.

If Delilah and Regulus noticed something, they didn't comment on it, simply continuing with their sappy couple moments, Regulus smearing cake on Delilah's cheek and then kissing it to wipe it off.

The more he watched them more he wanted to vomit, he was happy for his friends nonetheless, it was rare that showed any affection in public, only, very carefully, holding hands under their desks in their classes. Even though they talked outside classes, everyone just seemed to excuse it because of her friendship with Monica, not interested.

They were acting so in love though it was painful to watch for those that did not have a partner. The more he saw the loving smiles on their faces, the more he wanted to strangle himself for not being able to have that. So many relationships at his old school and not even a single relationship had lasted. 

Boys, girls, no one was right for him, except the blue-eyed boy that was always on his mind to meet whenever he returned to England for the summer. The one that was always willing to share his toys because he hadn't brought his from France. The one that sent him letters once a month with his parent's owl, only to say hi and ask him how he was doing.

And the other boy that was like his brother, cold and unapproachable at first, but he had come so far from where he used to be and Leo couldn't have been more proud of him. Finding his person and getting over his prejudices, the new Regulus was much more open and caring on the inside and even though Delilah had helped, he had put all that effort into becoming a more mature person with better morals.

Leo couldn't be more proud of his best friends.

Out of his trance snapped him Evan, who was nudging him with his hand and pointing towards the presence that Monica had lied down, six presents sat in the pile. Regulus made the first move, taking two identical small presents and passing them to them.

They did not question the similarity, eager to open them. Two small mirrors sat inside of their boxes and Leo was confused at first before picking it up and understanding what kind of mirror it was.

"A two-way mirror," he whispered in realization, looking towards Regulus who nodded confidently.

"Thought it would be a good idea, both of yours are connected to mine but I couldn't find a spell to make yours two connect," he said but Evan was already throwing his arms around him, giving him one of his warm and rare hugs.

"It is just fine, the carving on it is very cool too," he complimented it, sliding again into the box and reaching for Monica's present that was the biggest one on his pile. Getting distracted he forgot to pick up his present, watching the smile that spread on Evan's face when he saw the pairs of muggle jeans and T-shirts tucked inside the box.

He reached for his gift, opening it, not expecting anything in particular, but was happy to see a set of a hat, a scarf, and gloves with a frog theme, the hat having the, yes, the scarf being simple green, and the gloved like their legs.

He laughed slightly thanking her for it and she sat back down with a satisfied smile on her face. Delilah passed them their presents, unlike the other times when she was excited to see them open them, now she was watching them curiously, most likely waiting for their reactions.

He opened the paper box and a leather journal was revealed, the material seemed old and worn out but his name written by a gold quill could faintly be seen at the bottom of the back cover.

A small message was written on the paper, her messy handwriting barely readable.

I know sometimes things are too much and too hard to be dealt with or talked about, this will keep you company till you are fully ready to talk to us, Happy birthday frog boy.

It was signed with her signature initials and a hard after frog boy, he looked up at her but saw her gushing over Evan as he twirled around in the new velvet cloak she bought him, but as if she was sensing him watching her, she turned, shooting him a wink before turning back to Monica and Evan.

"Don't try to find an explanation, she always knows everything, I do not know how or why she even bothers in knowing but she does," the voice of Regulus Black came from behind him and after throwing a small glance to the handwritten letter he chuckled.

She just always knew.