24

"Lilah, darling, it's just a simple question" he said  as he got up from his seat and sat in front of her, bringing his hands to her knees "Do you return the feelings or do you not?"

———————————————————————————

"I do"

She finally said after looking at his eyes who showed nothing but a desperately need for an answer.

Regulus let out a sigh of relief and got up, offering her his hand. She took it and he started leading her towards their room.

"Get dressed quickly, preferably in a dress, I'm gonna change here and you in the bathroom, I'll meet you outside the room in twenty minutes" he said and pushed her towards her suitcase.
"Hurry up!"

She looked at him confusingly but did as he said and grabbed a dress, shoes and her make up bag from her suitcase.

She went tho the bathroom to take a shower and brush her teeth, before she put on her clothes and did her make up as quickly as she could.

Delilah looked at the mirror and smiled at her reflection impressed with how good she looked considering the little time she had to get ready.

She exited the bathroom and the moment she opened the door, Regulus grabbed her hand and basically dragged her downstairs and towards the hotel exit.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked as she saw the small bag he had on his shoulder.

"It's a surprise" He answered with a mischievous look on his face.

She knew he wasn't going to tell her anytime soon, so she stayed silent. They exited the hotel and Regulus signalled to a taxi driver, he opened the door of the vehicle and whispered something in the drivers ear.

"Put you seatbelt on darling, it's gonna be a long ride" He said as he looked at his black watch.

She rolled her eyes at his mysterious antics and fastened her seatbelt, she rested her head on the window and looked at the shops and houses they past as the driver drove without making any conversation.

The radio was the only source of sound and it was playing a delicate slow tune that sounded like paradise in Delilah's ears.

After about a hour and a half the driver stopped in the middle of nowhere, the only thing near  was a small hill.

"Why are we in the middle of nowhere? Did you bring me here to kill me?!" She turned her head so fast at him, he thought she would get a whiplash.

"If I was gonna kill you, I would do it with style, definitely not near a hill in the 'middle of nowhere'" he said mocking her, but he had thought of killing many people that annoyed him with different creative ways.

"Now follow me" he said and she followed him as he walked in front of her.

They walked for a good mile and a half before Regulus turned to her and told her to close her eyes. Delilah looked at him hesitantly but covered her eyes with her hands.

Regulus grabbed her shoulders and together they took slow steps towards a beautiful field of dandelions.

"Do you remember when you told me about the ten things you wanted to do before you die?" he asked.

*flashback*

Delilah and Regulus where sitting at the bench near the black lake in the early morning. Delilah had a frightening vision the night before so she send an owl to Regulus to meet her at the lake.